Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. HTC Droid DNA: Will Droid DNA Beat the Best Selling Smartphone?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 12, 2012 3:25 PM EST
Mobile network Verizon hinted that the powerful HTC Droid DNA will be available in their network. However, the company is still tight-lipped on the availability of the devices.
The Droid DNA is the rumored 5-inch phablet that is not yet official. However, some of its features have leaked out these past few weeks. Many people claimed that the HTC Droid DNA is the international version of the HTC J Butterfly, a smartphone released exclusively in Japan.
The device is expected to battle head on with some of popular smartphones in the market such as the Samsung Galaxy S3, which is tagged as the best-selling smartphone of the second and third quarter of 2012. Galaxy S3 overtook the sales of iPhone 5 according to the figures released by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy S3 boasts 4.8 inch Super AMOLED screen display, powerful processor and NFC via S-Beam. The device was released with Android Ice Cream Sandwich. However, the Jelly Bean update of the smartphone rolled out.
Below is the comparison of Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC Droid DNA based on some of their prominent specs and features.
Screen Display - Samsung Galaxy S3 has a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED HD display with 1280×720 resolution. HTC Droid DNA has a 5-inch LCD-3 Full HD 1080p Display.
Processor - Samsung Galaxy S3 is powered by 1.4GHz Quad-core Exynos Processor with 1GB of RAM, while HTC Droid DNA has 1.5GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor with 2GB of RAM.
Storage - HTC Droid DNA has 16GB of internal storage plus a microSD slot. Samsung's smartphone is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants with expandable storage up to 32GB via microSD slot.
Camera - The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with 8MP rear camera and 1.9MP front-facing shooter. HTC Droid DNA has the same specs with 8MP back camera and 2MP front camera.
Battery - Samsung Galaxy S3 has a 2100mAh battery compared to HTC Droid DNA's 2020 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S3 is already available through various carriers in Australia. There is no official date as for the release of HTC Droid DNA. However, release date is leaning towards December.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James