Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with Jelly Bean Released; Aims for New Smartphone Users
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 12, 2012 2:27 PM EST
Samsung Mobile has launched its mid-range Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the global market. It goes for the new smartphone users. It is speculated to be popular in such market since it is powerful yet cheap.
The smaller version sports a 4-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The retail listing only features the available options, but does not provide any official pictures of the purported device. The handset is expected to have a WVGA display, a 5-megapixel camera, a dual-core processor, and the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box.
According to sources from third-party retailers, the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is sporting the tag price of $450 for the 8GB model, and $530 for the 16GB model. For comparison, the cheapest Samsung Galaxy S3 with larger display and quad-core processor costs $550 to $575, and cheaper if purchased with 2-year contract agreement with US operators.
Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is now officially available in the UK to buy and starts shipping from November 17.
"There's a lot of demand for a 4-inch screen device in Europe. Some may call it an entry-level device, but we call it 'mini'," said Samsung Mobile chief JK Shin to the Korean media.
Consumers comment positively on the news about the device. Some consumers said that Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is a real smartphone. Users appreciate smaller screen display but with the same powerful features and capacity of the original Galaxy S3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]