Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with Jelly Bean Released; Aims for New Smartphone Users
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 12, 2012 2:27 PM EST
Samsung Mobile has launched its mid-range Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the global market. It goes for the new smartphone users. It is speculated to be popular in such market since it is powerful yet cheap.
The smaller version sports a 4-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The retail listing only features the available options, but does not provide any official pictures of the purported device. The handset is expected to have a WVGA display, a 5-megapixel camera, a dual-core processor, and the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box.
According to sources from third-party retailers, the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is sporting the tag price of $450 for the 8GB model, and $530 for the 16GB model. For comparison, the cheapest Samsung Galaxy S3 with larger display and quad-core processor costs $550 to $575, and cheaper if purchased with 2-year contract agreement with US operators.
Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is now officially available in the UK to buy and starts shipping from November 17.
"There's a lot of demand for a 4-inch screen device in Europe. Some may call it an entry-level device, but we call it 'mini'," said Samsung Mobile chief JK Shin to the Korean media.
Consumers comment positively on the news about the device. Some consumers said that Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is a real smartphone. Users appreciate smaller screen display but with the same powerful features and capacity of the original Galaxy S3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet