Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with Jelly Bean Released; Aims for New Smartphone Users
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 12, 2012 2:27 PM EST
Samsung Mobile has launched its mid-range Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to the global market. It goes for the new smartphone users. It is speculated to be popular in such market since it is powerful yet cheap.
The smaller version sports a 4-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The retail listing only features the available options, but does not provide any official pictures of the purported device. The handset is expected to have a WVGA display, a 5-megapixel camera, a dual-core processor, and the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box.
According to sources from third-party retailers, the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is sporting the tag price of $450 for the 8GB model, and $530 for the 16GB model. For comparison, the cheapest Samsung Galaxy S3 with larger display and quad-core processor costs $550 to $575, and cheaper if purchased with 2-year contract agreement with US operators.
Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is now officially available in the UK to buy and starts shipping from November 17.
"There's a lot of demand for a 4-inch screen device in Europe. Some may call it an entry-level device, but we call it 'mini'," said Samsung Mobile chief JK Shin to the Korean media.
Consumers comment positively on the news about the device. Some consumers said that Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is a real smartphone. Users appreciate smaller screen display but with the same powerful features and capacity of the original Galaxy S3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family