Oakland Raiders vs Baltimore Ravens, Where to Watch Online, Ray Rice, Joe Flacco Host the Raiders
November 12, 2012 2:31 AM EST
The Baltimore Ravens and their 28th ranked rush defense are probably thankful the Oakland Raiders are in town for Sunday afternoon’s matchup at M&T Bank Stadium.
The Ravens have struggled against the run all season, and surrendered 105 yards rushing to Cleveland rookie Trent Richardson last week in their 25-15 win.
Baltimore’s run defense is at such a low point they’re in danger of allowing the most rushing yards in a season in franchise history. The Ravens have faced some of the best running backs in the NFL this year, and have somehow gave up more than 200 yards to the Dallas Cowboys, who haven’t run against anyone else this season.
Baltimore does have their own weapon in the backfield in Ray Rice, who rushed for 98 yards and one score against Cleveland.
Quarterback Joe Flacco bounced back from his two interception performance in Week 7’s blowout loss to the Houston Texans, and went 15-for-24 for 153 yards and a score.
Oakland probably won’t test the Ravens rush defense Sunday, with top running back Darren McFadden sidelined with a injury.
McFadden only managed seven carries for 17 yards before he was injured in the Raiders 42-32 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week.
Oakland surrendered 251 rushing yards and four second half touchdowns to Tampa Bay rookie Doug Martin, and quarterback Carson Palmer also gave up three interceptions in the second half.
Palmer did throw four touchdowns, but his turnovers allowed Martin to continue his onslaught against the Raiders 22 nd ranked rush defense.
Things may get worse for Oakland’s defense, with cornerback Shawntae Spencer named to the injured reserve list due to a foot injury.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Baltimore is favored by 9 points
Over/Under: 47.5 points
Prediction: Flacco and Rice should take advantage of the reeling Raiders, and begin to make their push for the post season.
Predicted Score: Baltimore 30 , Oakland 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date