Oakland Raiders vs Baltimore Ravens, Where to Watch Online, Ray Rice, Joe Flacco Host the Raiders
November 12, 2012 2:31 AM EST
The Baltimore Ravens and their 28th ranked rush defense are probably thankful the Oakland Raiders are in town for Sunday afternoon’s matchup at M&T Bank Stadium.
The Ravens have struggled against the run all season, and surrendered 105 yards rushing to Cleveland rookie Trent Richardson last week in their 25-15 win.
Baltimore’s run defense is at such a low point they’re in danger of allowing the most rushing yards in a season in franchise history. The Ravens have faced some of the best running backs in the NFL this year, and have somehow gave up more than 200 yards to the Dallas Cowboys, who haven’t run against anyone else this season.
Baltimore does have their own weapon in the backfield in Ray Rice, who rushed for 98 yards and one score against Cleveland.
Quarterback Joe Flacco bounced back from his two interception performance in Week 7’s blowout loss to the Houston Texans, and went 15-for-24 for 153 yards and a score.
Oakland probably won’t test the Ravens rush defense Sunday, with top running back Darren McFadden sidelined with a injury.
McFadden only managed seven carries for 17 yards before he was injured in the Raiders 42-32 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week.
Oakland surrendered 251 rushing yards and four second half touchdowns to Tampa Bay rookie Doug Martin, and quarterback Carson Palmer also gave up three interceptions in the second half.
Palmer did throw four touchdowns, but his turnovers allowed Martin to continue his onslaught against the Raiders 22 nd ranked rush defense.
Things may get worse for Oakland’s defense, with cornerback Shawntae Spencer named to the injured reserve list due to a foot injury.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Baltimore is favored by 9 points
Over/Under: 47.5 points
Prediction: Flacco and Rice should take advantage of the reeling Raiders, and begin to make their push for the post season.
Predicted Score: Baltimore 30 , Oakland 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys