Oakland Raiders vs Baltimore Ravens, Where to Watch Online, Ray Rice, Joe Flacco Host the Raiders
November 12, 2012 2:31 AM EST
The Baltimore Ravens and their 28th ranked rush defense are probably thankful the Oakland Raiders are in town for Sunday afternoon’s matchup at M&T Bank Stadium.
The Ravens have struggled against the run all season, and surrendered 105 yards rushing to Cleveland rookie Trent Richardson last week in their 25-15 win.
Baltimore’s run defense is at such a low point they’re in danger of allowing the most rushing yards in a season in franchise history. The Ravens have faced some of the best running backs in the NFL this year, and have somehow gave up more than 200 yards to the Dallas Cowboys, who haven’t run against anyone else this season.
Baltimore does have their own weapon in the backfield in Ray Rice, who rushed for 98 yards and one score against Cleveland.
Quarterback Joe Flacco bounced back from his two interception performance in Week 7’s blowout loss to the Houston Texans, and went 15-for-24 for 153 yards and a score.
Oakland probably won’t test the Ravens rush defense Sunday, with top running back Darren McFadden sidelined with a injury.
McFadden only managed seven carries for 17 yards before he was injured in the Raiders 42-32 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week.
Oakland surrendered 251 rushing yards and four second half touchdowns to Tampa Bay rookie Doug Martin, and quarterback Carson Palmer also gave up three interceptions in the second half.
Palmer did throw four touchdowns, but his turnovers allowed Martin to continue his onslaught against the Raiders 22 nd ranked rush defense.
Things may get worse for Oakland’s defense, with cornerback Shawntae Spencer named to the injured reserve list due to a foot injury.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by CBS, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Baltimore is favored by 9 points
Over/Under: 47.5 points
Prediction: Flacco and Rice should take advantage of the reeling Raiders, and begin to make their push for the post season.
Predicted Score: Baltimore 30 , Oakland 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28