Minnesota Vikings vs Detroit Lions, Where to Watch Online, Preview, Betting Odds
November 12, 2012 2:24 AM EST
Hoping to avoid their first three game losing streak of the season the Minnesota Vikings square off with the Detroit Lions Sunday afternoon at Mall of America Field.
Detroit has managed to quell their early season storm, winning three of their last four games, and were the latest team to pick on the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 31-14 win.
After a scoreless first quarter, Detroit running back Mikel Leshoure ripped three straight touchdowns for a 21-0 lead at halftime and the Lions never looked back.
Quarterback Matthew Stafford went 22-for-33 for 285 yards, and receiver Calvin Johnson made eight grabs for 129 yards.
The Vikings are in the midst of their first losing streak of the season after dropping their second straight to the Seattle Seahawks 30-20 last week.
Adrian Peterson’s 182 rushing yads and two scores were not enough offense for the Vikings, and fans started calling for second-year quarterback Christian Ponder’s removal. Ponder went 11-for-22 for 63 yards and a pick against Seattle. Though the Vikings put their support behind Ponder publicly.
Minnesota boasts the ninth ranked pass defense in the league, but couldn’t contain rookie Russell Wilson, who tossed three touchdowns.
Minnesota will have to find a way to score in the air with receiver Percy Harvin sidelines with a severely sprained ankle. Jerome Simpson is listed as the No. 2 receiver on the depth chart, and had his best game of the season at Detroit in Week 4.
Detroit are also worried about their top receiver in Johnson, who is suffering from nerve damage in both his arms after these two teams met in Week 4. He is listed as questionable for Sunday.
However the Lions will hold out safety Louis Delmas.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Detroit is favored by 3 points
Over/Under: 46 points
Prediction: Ponder may have easier time with Delmas, but Minnesota will once again rely on Peterson to carry the offense. If Johnson sits, Stafford and Leshoure will have to find new ways to score, and should for a victory.
Predicted Score: Detroit 27 , Minnesota 18
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon