Minnesota Vikings vs Detroit Lions, Where to Watch Online, Preview, Betting Odds
November 12, 2012 2:24 AM EST
Hoping to avoid their first three game losing streak of the season the Minnesota Vikings square off with the Detroit Lions Sunday afternoon at Mall of America Field.
Detroit has managed to quell their early season storm, winning three of their last four games, and were the latest team to pick on the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 31-14 win.
After a scoreless first quarter, Detroit running back Mikel Leshoure ripped three straight touchdowns for a 21-0 lead at halftime and the Lions never looked back.
Quarterback Matthew Stafford went 22-for-33 for 285 yards, and receiver Calvin Johnson made eight grabs for 129 yards.
The Vikings are in the midst of their first losing streak of the season after dropping their second straight to the Seattle Seahawks 30-20 last week.
Adrian Peterson’s 182 rushing yads and two scores were not enough offense for the Vikings, and fans started calling for second-year quarterback Christian Ponder’s removal. Ponder went 11-for-22 for 63 yards and a pick against Seattle. Though the Vikings put their support behind Ponder publicly.
Minnesota boasts the ninth ranked pass defense in the league, but couldn’t contain rookie Russell Wilson, who tossed three touchdowns.
Minnesota will have to find a way to score in the air with receiver Percy Harvin sidelines with a severely sprained ankle. Jerome Simpson is listed as the No. 2 receiver on the depth chart, and had his best game of the season at Detroit in Week 4.
Detroit are also worried about their top receiver in Johnson, who is suffering from nerve damage in both his arms after these two teams met in Week 4. He is listed as questionable for Sunday.
However the Lions will hold out safety Louis Delmas.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Detroit is favored by 3 points
Over/Under: 46 points
Prediction: Ponder may have easier time with Delmas, but Minnesota will once again rely on Peterson to carry the offense. If Johnson sits, Stafford and Leshoure will have to find new ways to score, and should for a victory.
Predicted Score: Detroit 27 , Minnesota 18
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers