Minnesota Vikings vs Detroit Lions, Where to Watch Online, Preview, Betting Odds
November 12, 2012 2:24 AM EST
Hoping to avoid their first three game losing streak of the season the Minnesota Vikings square off with the Detroit Lions Sunday afternoon at Mall of America Field.
Detroit has managed to quell their early season storm, winning three of their last four games, and were the latest team to pick on the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 31-14 win.
After a scoreless first quarter, Detroit running back Mikel Leshoure ripped three straight touchdowns for a 21-0 lead at halftime and the Lions never looked back.
Quarterback Matthew Stafford went 22-for-33 for 285 yards, and receiver Calvin Johnson made eight grabs for 129 yards.
The Vikings are in the midst of their first losing streak of the season after dropping their second straight to the Seattle Seahawks 30-20 last week.
Adrian Peterson’s 182 rushing yads and two scores were not enough offense for the Vikings, and fans started calling for second-year quarterback Christian Ponder’s removal. Ponder went 11-for-22 for 63 yards and a pick against Seattle. Though the Vikings put their support behind Ponder publicly.
Minnesota boasts the ninth ranked pass defense in the league, but couldn’t contain rookie Russell Wilson, who tossed three touchdowns.
Minnesota will have to find a way to score in the air with receiver Percy Harvin sidelines with a severely sprained ankle. Jerome Simpson is listed as the No. 2 receiver on the depth chart, and had his best game of the season at Detroit in Week 4.
Detroit are also worried about their top receiver in Johnson, who is suffering from nerve damage in both his arms after these two teams met in Week 4. He is listed as questionable for Sunday.
However the Lions will hold out safety Louis Delmas.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Detroit is favored by 3 points
Over/Under: 46 points
Prediction: Ponder may have easier time with Delmas, but Minnesota will once again rely on Peterson to carry the offense. If Johnson sits, Stafford and Leshoure will have to find new ways to score, and should for a victory.
Predicted Score: Detroit 27 , Minnesota 18
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Los Angeles Clippers 2014-2015 NBA Preview: Chris Paul, Blake And Lob City Aiming High
- ‘The X Factor Australia' 2014 Winner Prediction - Dean Ray Will Win Title, According To Betting Odds; Marlisa Punzalan, Brothers 3 Are The Underdogs
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge