Minnesota Vikings vs Detroit Lions, Where to Watch Online, Preview, Betting Odds
November 12, 2012 2:24 AM EST
Hoping to avoid their first three game losing streak of the season the Minnesota Vikings square off with the Detroit Lions Sunday afternoon at Mall of America Field.
Detroit has managed to quell their early season storm, winning three of their last four games, and were the latest team to pick on the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 31-14 win.
After a scoreless first quarter, Detroit running back Mikel Leshoure ripped three straight touchdowns for a 21-0 lead at halftime and the Lions never looked back.
Quarterback Matthew Stafford went 22-for-33 for 285 yards, and receiver Calvin Johnson made eight grabs for 129 yards.
The Vikings are in the midst of their first losing streak of the season after dropping their second straight to the Seattle Seahawks 30-20 last week.
Adrian Peterson’s 182 rushing yads and two scores were not enough offense for the Vikings, and fans started calling for second-year quarterback Christian Ponder’s removal. Ponder went 11-for-22 for 63 yards and a pick against Seattle. Though the Vikings put their support behind Ponder publicly.
Minnesota boasts the ninth ranked pass defense in the league, but couldn’t contain rookie Russell Wilson, who tossed three touchdowns.
Minnesota will have to find a way to score in the air with receiver Percy Harvin sidelines with a severely sprained ankle. Jerome Simpson is listed as the No. 2 receiver on the depth chart, and had his best game of the season at Detroit in Week 4.
Detroit are also worried about their top receiver in Johnson, who is suffering from nerve damage in both his arms after these two teams met in Week 4. He is listed as questionable for Sunday.
However the Lions will hold out safety Louis Delmas.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Detroit is favored by 3 points
Over/Under: 46 points
Prediction: Ponder may have easier time with Delmas, but Minnesota will once again rely on Peterson to carry the offense. If Johnson sits, Stafford and Leshoure will have to find new ways to score, and should for a victory.
Predicted Score: Detroit 27 , Minnesota 18
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build