Atlanta Falcons vs New Orleans Saints, Where to Watch Online
November 12, 2012 2:26 AM EST
The NFL’s lone unbeaten team puts their record on the line as the Atlanta Falcons take on the New Orleans Saints Sunday afternoon at the Superdome.
Receiver Roddy White claimed interviews that he didn’t like the Saints, and that Atlanta was good enough to run the table for the rest of the season.
But their record notwithstanding, Atlanta has one win over a team with a .500 record, and last week barely escaped the dwindling Dallas Cowboys by a score of 19-13.
Running back Michael Turner powered the victory with 102 rushing yards and quarterback Matt Ryan threw for 342 yards, but failed to throw a touchdown for the first time this season.
Atlanta’s run defense came through despite being ranked 25 th in the league, holding the Cowboys to 65 yards on the ground, and forced seven penalties for a loss of 50 yards.
White perhaps thought he could speak his mind after making eight catches for 118 yards.
New Orleans has a chance to respond to both of White’s statements, and are slowing climbing out of their whole by winning three of their last four games.
Last week New Orleans trounced the Philadelphia Eagles 28-13, with quarterback Drew Brees tossing two scores and cornerback Patrick Robinson returning an interception 99 yards for a touchdown.
The Saints never trailed, and built a 21-3 lead at half time after Brees found receiver Marques Colston for a one yard score. Philadelphia was threatening after cutting the lead to eight, but Brees hooked up with tight end Jimmy Graham for a six-yard touchdown to cap the scoring and the win.
Graham would end the game with eight receptions for 72 yards and a score.
The New Orleans offense didn’t miss a beat despite the absence of running back Darren Sproles who suffered a broken hand and required surgery. Sproles will be out four to six weeks.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Atlanta is favored by 3 points
Over/Under: 54 points
Prediction: The New Orleans defense is near the bottom of the league, but their offense can keep up with the Falcons. Brees will have to have to his best game of the season, and the defense will have to force turnovers by Ryan. Look for New Orleans to smudge Atlanta’s record for the first time this year.
Predicted Score: New Orleans 31, Atlanta 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points