New York Jets vs. Seattle Seahawks: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Betting Odds
November 12, 2012 1:46 AM EST
The New York Jets are going to the playoffs this season. At least that’s what Antonio Cromartie thinks.
The Jets cornerback said on the NFL Network that his team will make the postseason, despite their recent struggles. New York is 3-5, tied with the Buffalo Bills for last place in the AFC East.
The first half of the 2012 NFL season went about as bad as possible for New York. Head coach Rex Ryan avoided proclaiming his team future Super Bowl champions, hoping it would put less attention on his players. Ryan’s silence hasn’t turned into results, as New York has lost four of its last five.
With their playoff hopes seemingly fading, Ryan and the Jets are, once again, letting everyone know how confident they are.
"I feel as an entire football team we should all feel like that," Ryan said on Thursday. "Nobody wants to hear that, who cares. Like it or not, that's our mentality. Jets fans and the Jets community would want us to feel that way and we do."
New York enters the second half of their season with very little margin for error. They’ll begin their quest to get back to .500 in Week 10 against the Seattle Seahawks.
Seattle has one of the best home-field advantages in football. They’re undefeated at CenturyLink Field this season. Three of their four home wins have come against winning teams.
The Jets could have a tough time scoring against a stingy Seattle defense. The Seahawks are third in the league, allowing 17.1 points per games. Conversely, New York is third-to-last in yards accumulated per contest.
Look for the Jets to try a few new things to spark their offense. Ryan said New York would look to utilize Tim Tebow more this week, without being asked about the backup quarterback. Tebow has gotten nowhere near the 20 snaps per game he was predicted to get.
"We will be doing some different things," said the Jets head coach. "Again, I don't want to get into the specifics of it. I hope you understand that if there's an advantage to be gained, I want to gain that advantage without letting our opponent know. We'll be looking at a lot. There are several things to improve and I'm excited about trying to implement some of these things."
At this point, New York might be willing to try anything to put points on the board. Mark Sanchez has regressed in his fourth season. His 72.8 quarterback rating is 30th among starters.
While Sanchez is struggling, Russell Wilson is getting better every week. The rookie quarterback has rebounded from a slow start, throwing eight touchdowns to just two interceptions in his last four games.
Las Vegas oddsmakers have made the Jets decided underdogs. The consensus betting line has them getting six points from the Seahawks.
The contest is set to get underway at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Prediction: The Jets have had a hard enough time moving the ball against average defenses. Going up a top flight defense in a tough stadium could keep them out of the end zone for most of the night. With the way they’ve played at home, the Seahawks might be beat any team at CenturyLink Field.
Predicted Score: Seattle 24, New York 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced