New York Jets vs. Seattle Seahawks: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Betting Odds
November 12, 2012 1:46 AM EST
The New York Jets are going to the playoffs this season. At least that’s what Antonio Cromartie thinks.
The Jets cornerback said on the NFL Network that his team will make the postseason, despite their recent struggles. New York is 3-5, tied with the Buffalo Bills for last place in the AFC East.
The first half of the 2012 NFL season went about as bad as possible for New York. Head coach Rex Ryan avoided proclaiming his team future Super Bowl champions, hoping it would put less attention on his players. Ryan’s silence hasn’t turned into results, as New York has lost four of its last five.
With their playoff hopes seemingly fading, Ryan and the Jets are, once again, letting everyone know how confident they are.
"I feel as an entire football team we should all feel like that," Ryan said on Thursday. "Nobody wants to hear that, who cares. Like it or not, that's our mentality. Jets fans and the Jets community would want us to feel that way and we do."
New York enters the second half of their season with very little margin for error. They’ll begin their quest to get back to .500 in Week 10 against the Seattle Seahawks.
Seattle has one of the best home-field advantages in football. They’re undefeated at CenturyLink Field this season. Three of their four home wins have come against winning teams.
The Jets could have a tough time scoring against a stingy Seattle defense. The Seahawks are third in the league, allowing 17.1 points per games. Conversely, New York is third-to-last in yards accumulated per contest.
Look for the Jets to try a few new things to spark their offense. Ryan said New York would look to utilize Tim Tebow more this week, without being asked about the backup quarterback. Tebow has gotten nowhere near the 20 snaps per game he was predicted to get.
"We will be doing some different things," said the Jets head coach. "Again, I don't want to get into the specifics of it. I hope you understand that if there's an advantage to be gained, I want to gain that advantage without letting our opponent know. We'll be looking at a lot. There are several things to improve and I'm excited about trying to implement some of these things."
At this point, New York might be willing to try anything to put points on the board. Mark Sanchez has regressed in his fourth season. His 72.8 quarterback rating is 30th among starters.
While Sanchez is struggling, Russell Wilson is getting better every week. The rookie quarterback has rebounded from a slow start, throwing eight touchdowns to just two interceptions in his last four games.
Las Vegas oddsmakers have made the Jets decided underdogs. The consensus betting line has them getting six points from the Seahawks.
The contest is set to get underway at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Prediction: The Jets have had a hard enough time moving the ball against average defenses. Going up a top flight defense in a tough stadium could keep them out of the end zone for most of the night. With the way they’ve played at home, the Seahawks might be beat any team at CenturyLink Field.
Predicted Score: Seattle 24, New York 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories