New York Jets vs. Seattle Seahawks: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Betting Odds
November 12, 2012 1:46 AM EST
The New York Jets are going to the playoffs this season. At least that’s what Antonio Cromartie thinks.
The Jets cornerback said on the NFL Network that his team will make the postseason, despite their recent struggles. New York is 3-5, tied with the Buffalo Bills for last place in the AFC East.
The first half of the 2012 NFL season went about as bad as possible for New York. Head coach Rex Ryan avoided proclaiming his team future Super Bowl champions, hoping it would put less attention on his players. Ryan’s silence hasn’t turned into results, as New York has lost four of its last five.
With their playoff hopes seemingly fading, Ryan and the Jets are, once again, letting everyone know how confident they are.
"I feel as an entire football team we should all feel like that," Ryan said on Thursday. "Nobody wants to hear that, who cares. Like it or not, that's our mentality. Jets fans and the Jets community would want us to feel that way and we do."
New York enters the second half of their season with very little margin for error. They’ll begin their quest to get back to .500 in Week 10 against the Seattle Seahawks.
Seattle has one of the best home-field advantages in football. They’re undefeated at CenturyLink Field this season. Three of their four home wins have come against winning teams.
The Jets could have a tough time scoring against a stingy Seattle defense. The Seahawks are third in the league, allowing 17.1 points per games. Conversely, New York is third-to-last in yards accumulated per contest.
Look for the Jets to try a few new things to spark their offense. Ryan said New York would look to utilize Tim Tebow more this week, without being asked about the backup quarterback. Tebow has gotten nowhere near the 20 snaps per game he was predicted to get.
"We will be doing some different things," said the Jets head coach. "Again, I don't want to get into the specifics of it. I hope you understand that if there's an advantage to be gained, I want to gain that advantage without letting our opponent know. We'll be looking at a lot. There are several things to improve and I'm excited about trying to implement some of these things."
At this point, New York might be willing to try anything to put points on the board. Mark Sanchez has regressed in his fourth season. His 72.8 quarterback rating is 30th among starters.
While Sanchez is struggling, Russell Wilson is getting better every week. The rookie quarterback has rebounded from a slow start, throwing eight touchdowns to just two interceptions in his last four games.
Las Vegas oddsmakers have made the Jets decided underdogs. The consensus betting line has them getting six points from the Seahawks.
The contest is set to get underway at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Prediction: The Jets have had a hard enough time moving the ball against average defenses. Going up a top flight defense in a tough stadium could keep them out of the end zone for most of the night. With the way they’ve played at home, the Seahawks might be beat any team at CenturyLink Field.
Predicted Score: Seattle 24, New York 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown