New York Jets vs. Seattle Seahawks: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Betting Odds
November 12, 2012 1:46 AM EST
The New York Jets are going to the playoffs this season. At least that’s what Antonio Cromartie thinks.
The Jets cornerback said on the NFL Network that his team will make the postseason, despite their recent struggles. New York is 3-5, tied with the Buffalo Bills for last place in the AFC East.
The first half of the 2012 NFL season went about as bad as possible for New York. Head coach Rex Ryan avoided proclaiming his team future Super Bowl champions, hoping it would put less attention on his players. Ryan’s silence hasn’t turned into results, as New York has lost four of its last five.
With their playoff hopes seemingly fading, Ryan and the Jets are, once again, letting everyone know how confident they are.
"I feel as an entire football team we should all feel like that," Ryan said on Thursday. "Nobody wants to hear that, who cares. Like it or not, that's our mentality. Jets fans and the Jets community would want us to feel that way and we do."
New York enters the second half of their season with very little margin for error. They’ll begin their quest to get back to .500 in Week 10 against the Seattle Seahawks.
Seattle has one of the best home-field advantages in football. They’re undefeated at CenturyLink Field this season. Three of their four home wins have come against winning teams.
The Jets could have a tough time scoring against a stingy Seattle defense. The Seahawks are third in the league, allowing 17.1 points per games. Conversely, New York is third-to-last in yards accumulated per contest.
Look for the Jets to try a few new things to spark their offense. Ryan said New York would look to utilize Tim Tebow more this week, without being asked about the backup quarterback. Tebow has gotten nowhere near the 20 snaps per game he was predicted to get.
"We will be doing some different things," said the Jets head coach. "Again, I don't want to get into the specifics of it. I hope you understand that if there's an advantage to be gained, I want to gain that advantage without letting our opponent know. We'll be looking at a lot. There are several things to improve and I'm excited about trying to implement some of these things."
At this point, New York might be willing to try anything to put points on the board. Mark Sanchez has regressed in his fourth season. His 72.8 quarterback rating is 30th among starters.
While Sanchez is struggling, Russell Wilson is getting better every week. The rookie quarterback has rebounded from a slow start, throwing eight touchdowns to just two interceptions in his last four games.
Las Vegas oddsmakers have made the Jets decided underdogs. The consensus betting line has them getting six points from the Seahawks.
The contest is set to get underway at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS. You can watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Prediction: The Jets have had a hard enough time moving the ball against average defenses. Going up a top flight defense in a tough stadium could keep them out of the end zone for most of the night. With the way they’ve played at home, the Seahawks might be beat any team at CenturyLink Field.
Predicted Score: Seattle 24, New York 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch