Denise Helms, Writer Of Facebook Obama Slur, Says She 'Wouldn't Dwell On It' If The President Was Assassinated [VIDEO]
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 11, 2012 9:56 AM EST
A young woman has been fired from her job and is being investigated by the U.S. Secret Service for writing on Facebook that President Barack Obama might get assassinated during his second term.
Denise Helms, 22, is also being called a racist in social-media circles because of the highly charged language in her post.
“And another 4 years of the n----r maybe he will get assassinated this term…!” wrote Helms, who lives in Turlock, Calif.
The comment was reported to the Secret Service office in Sacramento, according to the Modesto Bee. Scott Gillingham, an agent in that office, told the Bee he was unfamiliar with Helms' case specifically, but that he would check out her posting and a media report about. Gillingham also noted threats against the president are a felony under U.S. Code Section 871.
Meanwhile, Helms was fired from her job at a Cold Stone Creamery ice-cream store in Turlock. Her former boss, Chris Kegle, called the Obama slur on Facebook "very disgusting."
The Christian Post reported Helms made the comments on Tuesday night, after the Democrat Obama defeated the Republican Mitt Romney in the presidential election. Her Facebook account has since been deactivated, but, before it entered the twilight zone, Helms defended herself by saying she was “just stating my opinion!”
Helms also said she wasn’t a racist -- despite her use of the most inflammatory word out there -- because she has black friends.
Cold Stone Creamery tweeted on Thursday that Helms is “no longer with the company” after making the “outrageous” and “disgraceful” Facebook posts. The young woman stood by her comments during an interview with KTXL-TV Fox40 in Sacramento. You can watch the video of it below.
“The assassination part is kind of harsh. I'm not saying like I would go do that or anything like that, by any means, but if it was to happen, I don't think I'd care one bit,” Helms said. “It’s not something I would dwell on.”
Helms, apparently unburdened by any knowledge of either etiquette or social norms, also said she “didn’t understand what I did wrong.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date