Georgia vs Auburn: Preview, Where to Watch, Betting Odds
November 11, 2012 8:42 AM EST
Seeking their seventh SEC regular season title the Georgia Bulldogs meet the Auburn Tigers Saturday night at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
A win will also give the No. 5 Bulldogs their second straight trip to the SEC championship game. Last week Georgia smashed Ole Miss 37-10 behind a defense that gave up just 46 rushing yards and forced three turnovers.
Quarterback Aaron Murray went 21-for-28 for 384 yards and four touchdowns, connecting with receiver Marlon Brown for three receptions and 113 yards and a score.
Todd Gurley also gained 117 yards on 18 carries, for his fifth 100-yard game of the year.
Outside linebacker Jarvis Jones led the Georgia pass rush, and is expected to have another big game Saturday after Auburn right guard Chad Slade’s comments that “It’s not that hard” to stop Jones.
If Slade is wrong, than Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace will have a long day.
Wallace is making his second career start after guiding the Tigers to a 42-7 drubbing of New Mexico State. Running backs Tre Mason and Onterio McCalebb combined for 265 rushing yards and three touchdowns, taking some of the pressure off Wallace.
Wallace finished 9-for-16 for 161 yards with one touchdown and one interception, but will have to find way to make up for a Tigers defense that lets up an SEC worst 199.2 rushing yards per game.
This has been a difficult season for 2-7 Auburn, who are just two years removed from their national title run. They are winless in the SEC, and Saturday will be their biggest chance to salvage their season by spoiling the Bulldogs championship hopes.
The game begins at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ESPN2 depending on your region of the country, or you can watch their live stream online at Watch ESPN here by submitting your cable provider information
Prediction: Gurley should have a field day against Auburn’s defensive front, and Jones will lead the Georgia pass rush to a victory and the SEC championship game.
Betting Odds: Georgia is favored by 15.5 points
Over/Under: 52 points
Predicted Score: Georgia 41, Auburn 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report