Georgia vs Auburn: Preview, Where to Watch, Betting Odds
November 11, 2012 8:42 AM EST
Seeking their seventh SEC regular season title the Georgia Bulldogs meet the Auburn Tigers Saturday night at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
A win will also give the No. 5 Bulldogs their second straight trip to the SEC championship game. Last week Georgia smashed Ole Miss 37-10 behind a defense that gave up just 46 rushing yards and forced three turnovers.
Quarterback Aaron Murray went 21-for-28 for 384 yards and four touchdowns, connecting with receiver Marlon Brown for three receptions and 113 yards and a score.
Todd Gurley also gained 117 yards on 18 carries, for his fifth 100-yard game of the year.
Outside linebacker Jarvis Jones led the Georgia pass rush, and is expected to have another big game Saturday after Auburn right guard Chad Slade’s comments that “It’s not that hard” to stop Jones.
If Slade is wrong, than Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace will have a long day.
Wallace is making his second career start after guiding the Tigers to a 42-7 drubbing of New Mexico State. Running backs Tre Mason and Onterio McCalebb combined for 265 rushing yards and three touchdowns, taking some of the pressure off Wallace.
Wallace finished 9-for-16 for 161 yards with one touchdown and one interception, but will have to find way to make up for a Tigers defense that lets up an SEC worst 199.2 rushing yards per game.
This has been a difficult season for 2-7 Auburn, who are just two years removed from their national title run. They are winless in the SEC, and Saturday will be their biggest chance to salvage their season by spoiling the Bulldogs championship hopes.
The game begins at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ESPN2 depending on your region of the country, or you can watch their live stream online at Watch ESPN here by submitting your cable provider information
Prediction: Gurley should have a field day against Auburn’s defensive front, and Jones will lead the Georgia pass rush to a victory and the SEC championship game.
Betting Odds: Georgia is favored by 15.5 points
Over/Under: 52 points
Predicted Score: Georgia 41, Auburn 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More