Georgia vs Auburn: Preview, Where to Watch, Betting Odds
November 11, 2012 8:42 AM EST
Seeking their seventh SEC regular season title the Georgia Bulldogs meet the Auburn Tigers Saturday night at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
A win will also give the No. 5 Bulldogs their second straight trip to the SEC championship game. Last week Georgia smashed Ole Miss 37-10 behind a defense that gave up just 46 rushing yards and forced three turnovers.
Quarterback Aaron Murray went 21-for-28 for 384 yards and four touchdowns, connecting with receiver Marlon Brown for three receptions and 113 yards and a score.
Todd Gurley also gained 117 yards on 18 carries, for his fifth 100-yard game of the year.
Outside linebacker Jarvis Jones led the Georgia pass rush, and is expected to have another big game Saturday after Auburn right guard Chad Slade’s comments that “It’s not that hard” to stop Jones.
If Slade is wrong, than Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace will have a long day.
Wallace is making his second career start after guiding the Tigers to a 42-7 drubbing of New Mexico State. Running backs Tre Mason and Onterio McCalebb combined for 265 rushing yards and three touchdowns, taking some of the pressure off Wallace.
Wallace finished 9-for-16 for 161 yards with one touchdown and one interception, but will have to find way to make up for a Tigers defense that lets up an SEC worst 199.2 rushing yards per game.
This has been a difficult season for 2-7 Auburn, who are just two years removed from their national title run. They are winless in the SEC, and Saturday will be their biggest chance to salvage their season by spoiling the Bulldogs championship hopes.
The game begins at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ESPN2 depending on your region of the country, or you can watch their live stream online at Watch ESPN here by submitting your cable provider information
Prediction: Gurley should have a field day against Auburn’s defensive front, and Jones will lead the Georgia pass rush to a victory and the SEC championship game.
Betting Odds: Georgia is favored by 15.5 points
Over/Under: 52 points
Predicted Score: Georgia 41, Auburn 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best