Georgia vs Auburn: Preview, Where to Watch, Betting Odds
November 11, 2012 8:42 AM EST
Seeking their seventh SEC regular season title the Georgia Bulldogs meet the Auburn Tigers Saturday night at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
A win will also give the No. 5 Bulldogs their second straight trip to the SEC championship game. Last week Georgia smashed Ole Miss 37-10 behind a defense that gave up just 46 rushing yards and forced three turnovers.
Quarterback Aaron Murray went 21-for-28 for 384 yards and four touchdowns, connecting with receiver Marlon Brown for three receptions and 113 yards and a score.
Todd Gurley also gained 117 yards on 18 carries, for his fifth 100-yard game of the year.
Outside linebacker Jarvis Jones led the Georgia pass rush, and is expected to have another big game Saturday after Auburn right guard Chad Slade’s comments that “It’s not that hard” to stop Jones.
If Slade is wrong, than Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace will have a long day.
Wallace is making his second career start after guiding the Tigers to a 42-7 drubbing of New Mexico State. Running backs Tre Mason and Onterio McCalebb combined for 265 rushing yards and three touchdowns, taking some of the pressure off Wallace.
Wallace finished 9-for-16 for 161 yards with one touchdown and one interception, but will have to find way to make up for a Tigers defense that lets up an SEC worst 199.2 rushing yards per game.
This has been a difficult season for 2-7 Auburn, who are just two years removed from their national title run. They are winless in the SEC, and Saturday will be their biggest chance to salvage their season by spoiling the Bulldogs championship hopes.
The game begins at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ESPN2 depending on your region of the country, or you can watch their live stream online at Watch ESPN here by submitting your cable provider information
Prediction: Gurley should have a field day against Auburn’s defensive front, and Jones will lead the Georgia pass rush to a victory and the SEC championship game.
Betting Odds: Georgia is favored by 15.5 points
Over/Under: 52 points
Predicted Score: Georgia 41, Auburn 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge