Georgia vs Auburn: Preview, Where to Watch, Betting Odds
November 11, 2012 8:42 AM EST
Seeking their seventh SEC regular season title the Georgia Bulldogs meet the Auburn Tigers Saturday night at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
A win will also give the No. 5 Bulldogs their second straight trip to the SEC championship game. Last week Georgia smashed Ole Miss 37-10 behind a defense that gave up just 46 rushing yards and forced three turnovers.
Quarterback Aaron Murray went 21-for-28 for 384 yards and four touchdowns, connecting with receiver Marlon Brown for three receptions and 113 yards and a score.
Todd Gurley also gained 117 yards on 18 carries, for his fifth 100-yard game of the year.
Outside linebacker Jarvis Jones led the Georgia pass rush, and is expected to have another big game Saturday after Auburn right guard Chad Slade’s comments that “It’s not that hard” to stop Jones.
If Slade is wrong, than Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace will have a long day.
Wallace is making his second career start after guiding the Tigers to a 42-7 drubbing of New Mexico State. Running backs Tre Mason and Onterio McCalebb combined for 265 rushing yards and three touchdowns, taking some of the pressure off Wallace.
Wallace finished 9-for-16 for 161 yards with one touchdown and one interception, but will have to find way to make up for a Tigers defense that lets up an SEC worst 199.2 rushing yards per game.
This has been a difficult season for 2-7 Auburn, who are just two years removed from their national title run. They are winless in the SEC, and Saturday will be their biggest chance to salvage their season by spoiling the Bulldogs championship hopes.
The game begins at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ESPN2 depending on your region of the country, or you can watch their live stream online at Watch ESPN here by submitting your cable provider information
Prediction: Gurley should have a field day against Auburn’s defensive front, and Jones will lead the Georgia pass rush to a victory and the SEC championship game.
Betting Odds: Georgia is favored by 15.5 points
Over/Under: 52 points
Predicted Score: Georgia 41, Auburn 27
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims