LSU vs Mississippi State: Preview, Where to Watch, Betting Odds
November 11, 2012 8:44 AM EST
A BCS bowl berth is on the line for the LSU Tigers as they host to Mississippi State Bulldogs Saturday night at Tiger Stadium.
LSU nearly pulled off a huge upset of No. 1 Alabama last week, but couldn’t hold off Crimson Tide quarterback A.J. McCarron’s last minute touchdown drive and suffered their second loss of the season by a score of 21-17.
Still the ninth-ranked Tigers were the only team to hold a lead against Alabama this season, and quarterback Zach Mettenberger had his best game of the year with 298 yards and a touchdown.
Running back Jeremy Hill also reached pay dirt and rushed for 107 yards on 29 carries, becoming the only back to reach the century mark against the Crimson Tide this season.
LSU was down 14-3 at halftime, but Hill’s score and receiver Javris Landry’s 14-yard touchdown reception put the Tigers up and poised for a win before McCarron’s heroics. Landry finished with eight catches for 76 yards.
Despite their two losses, the Tigers can boost their shot a bowl with win over the stumbling Mississippi State, who is on a two game losing streak.
A week after also losing to Alabama, the Bulldogs fell to Texas A&M 38-13, with quarterback Johnny Maziel torching their defense for 440 all-purpose yards.
In their last two games, Mississippi State has been outscored 76-20 and have gained just 145 rushing yards. Junior quarterback Tyler Russell has also thrown two interceptions, after throwing one in the previous seven games.
The contest begins at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by ESPN depending on your region of the country, or you can watch their live stream online at Watch ESPN here by submitting your cable provider information
Prediction: LSU will try to salvage their season by running down the rest of their schedule, and the Bulldogs are unfortunately in their way. Assuming Mettenberger has a performance like he did against Alabama, the Tigers will win.
Betting Odds: LSU is favored by 16 points
Over/Under: 44 points
Predicted Score: LSU 24, Mississippi State 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers