British Bombshell Katrina Kaif is the Toast of Bollywood
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 11, 2012 12:04 AM EST
British-born model turned Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif is bidding to become the toast of the Indian box office with the release of Jab Tak Hai Jaan, the final film by director Yash Chopra, who died in October, aged 80.
The 28-year-old Kaif shares the screen with 47-year-old Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) and Anushka Sharma. This is the first time Kaif has acted with SRK, since her Bollywood debut in 2003. Nevertheless, industry insiders have confirmed the duo have already become a hit with their respective fans.
"With Jab Tak Hai Jaan (JTHJ) coming up, Shah Rukh and Katrina are the hottest new on-screen pair. That's why every organiser - for popular shows including Screen, Apsara, IIFA (International Indian Film Academy) and Stardust - has approached them. They want them to do an act together on stage, which will no doubt get a lot of TV viewership. The deals haven't been finalised yet, as it all depends on their availability and fee," an insider was told the Hindustan Times.
Kaif was born in Hong Kong to an Indian father and English mother, in 1984. She was voted the world's sexiest woman by FHM India earlier this year, for the second time in a row. Meanwhile, Sharma, 24, actually made her Bollywood debut alongside SRK (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in 2008) and although there is a significant age difference, the two are believed to share excellent on-screen chemistry.
The film is to release in theatres on 13 November, the date of Diwali - the Hindu festival of lights - with a soundtrack composed by Academy Award-winning AR Rahman.
The tragic aspect of the release is this is the last film ever made by Chopra. And, appropriately enough, the veteran director's last words to Indian media were about his film.
"In all these years, I have got so much love from people that now I want to give it all back. I want to help a lot of youngsters who want to become actors, directors and technicians," he was quoted, "After Veer Zaara, I wanted to make a different and touching film. That is when I told my son Aditya that I want to direct a film. Jab Tak Hai Jaan is his gift to me."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports