British Bombshell Katrina Kaif is the Toast of Bollywood
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 11, 2012 12:04 AM EST
British-born model turned Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif is bidding to become the toast of the Indian box office with the release of Jab Tak Hai Jaan, the final film by director Yash Chopra, who died in October, aged 80.
The 28-year-old Kaif shares the screen with 47-year-old Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) and Anushka Sharma. This is the first time Kaif has acted with SRK, since her Bollywood debut in 2003. Nevertheless, industry insiders have confirmed the duo have already become a hit with their respective fans.
"With Jab Tak Hai Jaan (JTHJ) coming up, Shah Rukh and Katrina are the hottest new on-screen pair. That's why every organiser - for popular shows including Screen, Apsara, IIFA (International Indian Film Academy) and Stardust - has approached them. They want them to do an act together on stage, which will no doubt get a lot of TV viewership. The deals haven't been finalised yet, as it all depends on their availability and fee," an insider was told the Hindustan Times.
Kaif was born in Hong Kong to an Indian father and English mother, in 1984. She was voted the world's sexiest woman by FHM India earlier this year, for the second time in a row. Meanwhile, Sharma, 24, actually made her Bollywood debut alongside SRK (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in 2008) and although there is a significant age difference, the two are believed to share excellent on-screen chemistry.
The film is to release in theatres on 13 November, the date of Diwali - the Hindu festival of lights - with a soundtrack composed by Academy Award-winning AR Rahman.
The tragic aspect of the release is this is the last film ever made by Chopra. And, appropriately enough, the veteran director's last words to Indian media were about his film.
"In all these years, I have got so much love from people that now I want to give it all back. I want to help a lot of youngsters who want to become actors, directors and technicians," he was quoted, "After Veer Zaara, I wanted to make a different and touching film. That is when I told my son Aditya that I want to direct a film. Jab Tak Hai Jaan is his gift to me."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6