The latest firmware XXALJ4 Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for Samsung Galaxy S Duos has been made available online for users to download. The firmware is expected to bring bug fixes. Galaxy S Duos users in the UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Spain can update their device to XXALJ4 Android 4.0.4. The device will lose root after the firmware is installed since this is an official update.
- Ensure device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging and install all USB drivers
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Finally, make sure that your phone is factory unlocked
Install Android 4.0.4 S7562XXALJ4 firmware on Galaxy S Duos:
- Download Android 4.0.4 S7562XXALJ4 and extract the file
- Download Odin v1.85 on your phone
- Turn off the phone and enter download mode. You can do so, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home buttons and then press the Power key until you see feel the phone vibrates.
- Open Odin on your PC and connect the phone to PC while it is in the download mode
- On successful connection, you will see that one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow
- Choose files which are to be flashed/installed on your phone. These files will be found from the extracted files in step 1
§ Click on PDA and choose file with CODE in its name
§ Click on Phone and choose file with MODEM in its name
§ Click on CSC and choose file with CSC in its name
§ Click on PIT and choose the .pit file
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in the Odin
- In Odin, click on Start button to begin the installation
- Your phone will now restart. Unplug your device from PC and turn it off once again once you see homescreen
Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos should now be running Android 4.0.4 build XXALJ4 software update. To verify you may navigate to Settings > About phone.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: