Cheryl Burke On ' The Bachelorette:' 'I Have Met With Producers'
November 10, 2012 4:07 PM EST
Will Cheryl Burke be the next “Bachelorette?” If the “Dancing with the Stars” pro has her way, she will.
The Mirror Ball champ sat down with E! News to talk about the rumors flying around regarding the star joining the hit ABC reality-television dating show.
"I have met with the producers of 'The Bachelorette,' and I also have met with ABC producers and development executives, just to develop other shows,” Burke, who is currently rehearsing for “DWTS,” told E! News in a phone interview.
"I realize that ‘Dancing’ won't be on air forever. I'm taking this opportunity now to develop shows. I met with different high-powered producers, companies, and networks about possibly doing new shows," she said, "and 'The Bachelorette' happened to be one of them."
Burke made sure to note that "nothing is confirmed" as far as new projects go, but added, "If I don't do ‘The Bachelorette,’ I'm sure I'll be doing something else very soon."
One source familiar with "The Bachelorette" told E! News this week that the pro dancer appearing on the dating show is “never gonna happen” because producers prefer to cast “real people” or someone who is relatively unknown.
However, if producers believe that Burke could boost ratings, they could always have a change of heart.
Burke told E! News: "People tell me, ‘Why does Cheryl Burke need to go on television to look for a date? Honestly, it's something I've been struggling with -- I dated a few guys over summer -- I end up picking the wrong people for me. I'm not successful at it. I just thought to myself, ‘Why don't I let someone else do it?'"
Burke added: “I think it would be a way for me to focus on a way to find true love. It sounds cliche, but it's true. I'm turning 29 soon, and it's something I really want to have. I want to be in a relationship. I've been so married to my work lately that it's been a struggle to find a boyfriend, or find someone to talk to. I haven't had a proper date in two, three years."
The star continued: "For me, I know exactly what I don't want and what I want in a guy. I'm not doing it to be on television -- I'm already on television! I'm not doing it to get exposure; I already have exposure. I think some people may go on there with a different type of goal of what they want to accomplish. For me, it would purely be to find someone to date, hopefully fall in love and get engaged. For me, the process would be totally different."
Burke insisted that it has been impossible to find love to this point: "I have had a relationship with one of my dance partners in the past -- I'm not going to say who! -- but it doesn't work. You wake up, you see each other, you work together. When I teach, I can be harsh, and some people take that personally. It just doesn't work. Also, honestly, I'd like to meet someone that doesn't want to learn how to dance, that's not a dancer. I'd like to meet a normal human being!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]