Cheryl Burke On ' The Bachelorette:' 'I Have Met With Producers'
November 10, 2012 4:07 PM EST
Will Cheryl Burke be the next “Bachelorette?” If the “Dancing with the Stars” pro has her way, she will.
The Mirror Ball champ sat down with E! News to talk about the rumors flying around regarding the star joining the hit ABC reality-television dating show.
"I have met with the producers of 'The Bachelorette,' and I also have met with ABC producers and development executives, just to develop other shows,” Burke, who is currently rehearsing for “DWTS,” told E! News in a phone interview.
"I realize that ‘Dancing’ won't be on air forever. I'm taking this opportunity now to develop shows. I met with different high-powered producers, companies, and networks about possibly doing new shows," she said, "and 'The Bachelorette' happened to be one of them."
Burke made sure to note that "nothing is confirmed" as far as new projects go, but added, "If I don't do ‘The Bachelorette,’ I'm sure I'll be doing something else very soon."
One source familiar with "The Bachelorette" told E! News this week that the pro dancer appearing on the dating show is “never gonna happen” because producers prefer to cast “real people” or someone who is relatively unknown.
However, if producers believe that Burke could boost ratings, they could always have a change of heart.
Burke told E! News: "People tell me, ‘Why does Cheryl Burke need to go on television to look for a date? Honestly, it's something I've been struggling with -- I dated a few guys over summer -- I end up picking the wrong people for me. I'm not successful at it. I just thought to myself, ‘Why don't I let someone else do it?'"
Burke added: “I think it would be a way for me to focus on a way to find true love. It sounds cliche, but it's true. I'm turning 29 soon, and it's something I really want to have. I want to be in a relationship. I've been so married to my work lately that it's been a struggle to find a boyfriend, or find someone to talk to. I haven't had a proper date in two, three years."
The star continued: "For me, I know exactly what I don't want and what I want in a guy. I'm not doing it to be on television -- I'm already on television! I'm not doing it to get exposure; I already have exposure. I think some people may go on there with a different type of goal of what they want to accomplish. For me, it would purely be to find someone to date, hopefully fall in love and get engaged. For me, the process would be totally different."
Burke insisted that it has been impossible to find love to this point: "I have had a relationship with one of my dance partners in the past -- I'm not going to say who! -- but it doesn't work. You wake up, you see each other, you work together. When I teach, I can be harsh, and some people take that personally. It just doesn't work. Also, honestly, I'd like to meet someone that doesn't want to learn how to dance, that's not a dancer. I'd like to meet a normal human being!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools