Cheryl Burke On ' The Bachelorette:' 'I Have Met With Producers'
November 10, 2012 4:07 PM EST
Will Cheryl Burke be the next “Bachelorette?” If the “Dancing with the Stars” pro has her way, she will.
The Mirror Ball champ sat down with E! News to talk about the rumors flying around regarding the star joining the hit ABC reality-television dating show.
"I have met with the producers of 'The Bachelorette,' and I also have met with ABC producers and development executives, just to develop other shows,” Burke, who is currently rehearsing for “DWTS,” told E! News in a phone interview.
"I realize that ‘Dancing’ won't be on air forever. I'm taking this opportunity now to develop shows. I met with different high-powered producers, companies, and networks about possibly doing new shows," she said, "and 'The Bachelorette' happened to be one of them."
Burke made sure to note that "nothing is confirmed" as far as new projects go, but added, "If I don't do ‘The Bachelorette,’ I'm sure I'll be doing something else very soon."
One source familiar with "The Bachelorette" told E! News this week that the pro dancer appearing on the dating show is “never gonna happen” because producers prefer to cast “real people” or someone who is relatively unknown.
However, if producers believe that Burke could boost ratings, they could always have a change of heart.
Burke told E! News: "People tell me, ‘Why does Cheryl Burke need to go on television to look for a date? Honestly, it's something I've been struggling with -- I dated a few guys over summer -- I end up picking the wrong people for me. I'm not successful at it. I just thought to myself, ‘Why don't I let someone else do it?'"
Burke added: “I think it would be a way for me to focus on a way to find true love. It sounds cliche, but it's true. I'm turning 29 soon, and it's something I really want to have. I want to be in a relationship. I've been so married to my work lately that it's been a struggle to find a boyfriend, or find someone to talk to. I haven't had a proper date in two, three years."
The star continued: "For me, I know exactly what I don't want and what I want in a guy. I'm not doing it to be on television -- I'm already on television! I'm not doing it to get exposure; I already have exposure. I think some people may go on there with a different type of goal of what they want to accomplish. For me, it would purely be to find someone to date, hopefully fall in love and get engaged. For me, the process would be totally different."
Burke insisted that it has been impossible to find love to this point: "I have had a relationship with one of my dance partners in the past -- I'm not going to say who! -- but it doesn't work. You wake up, you see each other, you work together. When I teach, I can be harsh, and some people take that personally. It just doesn't work. Also, honestly, I'd like to meet someone that doesn't want to learn how to dance, that's not a dancer. I'd like to meet a normal human being!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015