Arsenal vs. Fulham: Where to Watch Live Stream Online, Preview, Probable Lineups and Prediction
By Jason Le Miere | November 10, 2012 3:41 PM EST
Arsenal head into their match with Fulham looking to improve on some stuttering recent performances that see them sitting level on points with Saturday’s opponents.
The Gunners were heavily criticized for their lackluster showing in a 2-1 defeat to Manchester United last week. But boss Arsene Wenger has tried to play down the level of disappointment with that showing, while also suggesting that he believes his side can recover from a run of three defeats in their last five Premier League outings.
“At the moment it is very difficult in our society to keep the right distance from things—it's very emotional,” he said, according to Arsenal’s official website. “And after our game at Manchester United the team was hit very hard.
"We didn't have the greatest of games but it wasn't the disaster everyone painted afterwards.
"Let's not forget we have played ten games, six of them away from home. We've played at Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Stoke.
"So if we have a good home record I think we have a very interesting part to play in the League."
Wenger could have some positive news on the injury front for Saturday’s match with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Aaron Ramsey set for late fitness tests ahead of a potential return to action. Theo Walcott may well keep his place, though, after scoring on a rare start in Tuesday’s Champions League draw with Schalke.
Arsenal are also likely to have goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny on the bench after the Poland international came through an Under-21 game on Friday. The Gunners will be missing Jack Wilshere following the recently returned midfielder’s sending off against Manchester United.
Fulham have enjoyed a positive beginning to the campaign, although in recent weeks they have garnered a reputation as draw specialists—emerging with a point from three of their last four matches.
The Cottagers attack is likely to be spearheaded by former Manchester United front man Dimitar Berbatov, who has made a strong start to his time in West London.
Manager Martin Jol could have key midfielder Mahmadou Diarra back in his squad for the meeting with Arsenal, while Kieran Richardson may also make his return.
D: Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen
M: Coquelin, Arteta
Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski
D: Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Riise
M: Duff, Diarra, Sidwell, Kacaniklic
F: Ruiz, Berbatov
Prediction: Arsenal have struggled at both ends of the pitch in recent weeks—making errors defensively, while lacking a spark in the attacking third. With Kieran Gibbs still out, Arsenal may have problems dealing with a Fulham side who have not found goals in short supply this season.
At the other end of the pitch, Arsenal will surely look to prosper from an in-form Theo Walcott going up against the attack-minded John Arne Riise.
Arsenal badly need a victory but may be forced to settle for a point.
Arsenal 2-2 Fulham
Where to watch: The Premier League match kicks-off from the Emirates at 10 a.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by ESPN2, with a live stream available on ESPN3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen