Why Did Lindsay Lohan Cancel Her '20/20' Interview With Barbara Walters?
By Maria Vultaggio | November 10, 2012 9:02 AM EST
Lindsay Lohan canceled an ABC News “20/20” interview with Barbara Walters that had been planned to promote Lohan's Lifetime movie “Liz & Dick,” RadarOnline reported.
The 26-year-old star was recently accused of lying to police and could wind up in jail if she is found guilty, RadarOnline said.
Lohan’s public-relations team thought it would be best to pull out of the interview, considering her car accident in June and the public spats she’s been having with her parents.
A source told Radar Online: “Barbara was going to ask her probing questions about her drug use, [her mother] Dina Lohan's drug use, the intervention and [her father] Michael Lohan recording their phone call and the family's money issues. Barbara was going to try and get Lindsay to talk about all of the drama in her personal life, including the possible upcoming charges for lying to the cops after her car accident, and Lindsay isn't ready to talk about anything.”
The source added: “Barbara is one of the most respected journalists in the industry and she wasn't going to let Lindsay get away with telling any lies or spinning the story, so Lindsay's team just couldn't let her go on the show and have it end up like Dina's disastrous interview with Dr. Phil. However, Lindsay considers Barbara a close friend and is said to be sorry to have canceled so close to the interview date and has promised Barbara they will reschedule as soon as possible.”
The “20/20” interview was supposed to air Nov. 16, a week and a half before the premiere of “Liz & Dick” Nov. 25.
The “Freaky Friday” and “Mean Girls” star has struggled to regain the status she once had in Hollywood -- because of her getting into trouble with the law, substance abuse, family disputes, and reports of erratic behavior over the past few years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate