Lindsay Lohan canceled an ABC News “20/20” interview with Barbara Walters that had been planned to promote Lohan's Lifetime movie “Liz & Dick,” RadarOnline reported.
The 26-year-old star was recently accused of lying to police and could wind up in jail if she is found guilty, RadarOnline said.
Lohan’s public-relations team thought it would be best to pull out of the interview, considering her car accident in June and the public spats she’s been having with her parents.
A source told Radar Online: “Barbara was going to ask her probing questions about her drug use, [her mother] Dina Lohan's drug use, the intervention and [her father] Michael Lohan recording their phone call and the family's money issues. Barbara was going to try and get Lindsay to talk about all of the drama in her personal life, including the possible upcoming charges for lying to the cops after her car accident, and Lindsay isn't ready to talk about anything.”
The source added: “Barbara is one of the most respected journalists in the industry and she wasn't going to let Lindsay get away with telling any lies or spinning the story, so Lindsay's team just couldn't let her go on the show and have it end up like Dina's disastrous interview with Dr. Phil. However, Lindsay considers Barbara a close friend and is said to be sorry to have canceled so close to the interview date and has promised Barbara they will reschedule as soon as possible.”
The “20/20” interview was supposed to air Nov. 16, a week and a half before the premiere of “Liz & Dick” Nov. 25.
The “Freaky Friday” and “Mean Girls” star has struggled to regain the status she once had in Hollywood -- because of her getting into trouble with the law, substance abuse, family disputes, and reports of erratic behavior over the past few years.
To contact the editor, e-mail: