US President Barack Obama Weeps as he Thanks his Campaign Staff [VIDEO]
By Umberto Bacchi | November 10, 2012 12:23 AM EST
Footage of an emotional Barack Obama crying while addressing members of his staff at the end of his victorious re-election campaign is becoming an internet sensation.
The day after defeating Republican candidate Mitt Romney at the ballots, the President visited his campaign headquarters in his home town of Chicago to thank his staff.
Visibly tired by the draining race for the White House, Obama stood at a microphone in front of a jubilant crowd of members of the Obama2012 campaign, most of whom were in their 20s and 30s.
Obama delivered a five minutes speech, in the middle of which the President had to wipe tears away from his eyes, as his voice broke down telling his staffers: "I'm really proud of all of you."
"I come here and I look at all of you ... what comes to [my] mind is not that you guys actually remind me of myself, is the fact that you're so much better than I was ... You're smarter and you're better organized and you're more effective," Obama said.
"I'm absolutely confident that all of you are just going to do just amazing things in your lives."
"What Bobby Kennedy called the 'ripples of hope,' when you throw a stone in the lake, that's you."
"That's why even before last night's results I felt that the work that I've done in running for office has come full circle. Because what you guys have done means the work that I'm doing is important. And I'm really proud of that. I'm really proud of all of you," Obama said choking up with emotion and receiving a burst of applauses back.
The video was posted on YouTube by members of the President campaign.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Canada’s Anti-Prostitution Law Soon: Critics Call it Draconian
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health