Shah Rukh Khan under Legal Scanner for Obscene 'Radha' Reference
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 10, 2012 12:14 AM EST
Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan found himself in a fresh controversy after an FIR was filed against him on the ground of hurting religious sentiments.
Apart from the actor, his wife Gauri and close friend Karan Johar also came under the legal scanner over the same issue. The three of them were accused of presenting Hindu goddess Radha in an obscene manner in a song from the recently released film, "Student of the Year".
The FIR was lodged at Sadar police station in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district on the orders of a local court. Advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha filed it on Nov 5 on the basis of inappropriate representation of the mythological figure in the movie, Press Trust of India reported.
Police said that the case was filed under sections 294 (Obscene acts and songs to annoyance of others), 295 (deliberate and malicious act intended to hurt religious feelings and 295A (injuring or defiling place of worship intended to insult the religion) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Amongst the others accused in the case were the film's actors Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Siddharth Malhotra, Dharma Productions and M/S Red Chillies Entertainment.
Earlier in October, Ajay Devgn filed a complaint against Yash Raj Films with Competition Apellate Tribunal for allegedly using its position to add more screens to upcoming movie "Jab Tak Hai Jaan". Ajay claimed that YRF's move affected the release of his upcoming starrer "Son of Sardaar".
Put aside the controversies, "Jab Tak hai Jaan" is all set to release on Nov 13. The movie will roll out to more than 600 screens abroad and around 2600 theatre halls in India, said reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored