Honda's Diesel-Based 'Amaze' to Release in 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 9, 2012 11:10 PM EST
Japanese car manufacturer Honda confirmed on Friday the name of its first diesel car in India as "Amaze".
Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform, which was a scoring success in India's small car market. The company has not revealed the features of its upcoming sedan, but said that the car will be available with petrol and diesel engines.
"The Honda Amaze will be available with a petrol engine and a newly-developed diesel engine and will be positioned in the entry level sedan segment for the Indian market," the company said.
Honda claimed that Amaze will pack all the needs of Indian consumers and will be made available in the market for an affordable price. The car will also debut in Thailand around the same time with a gasoline engine.
"Every aspect of the new entry sedan seeks to amaze the customer by offering divergent and desirable values to expand customer delight beyond expectations. The contemporary style of "Amaze" will entice customers with its amazingly spacious interior yet compact exteriors, which was designed while further advancing the Honda M/M (man maximum, machine minimum) concept*1," said Honda.
Specifications of the new diesel car is expected to be revealed on Nov 23. Amaze will debut in India in the next fiscal year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia