Honda's Diesel-Based 'Amaze' to Release in 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 9, 2012 11:10 PM EST
Japanese car manufacturer Honda confirmed on Friday the name of its first diesel car in India as "Amaze".
Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform, which was a scoring success in India's small car market. The company has not revealed the features of its upcoming sedan, but said that the car will be available with petrol and diesel engines.
"The Honda Amaze will be available with a petrol engine and a newly-developed diesel engine and will be positioned in the entry level sedan segment for the Indian market," the company said.
Honda claimed that Amaze will pack all the needs of Indian consumers and will be made available in the market for an affordable price. The car will also debut in Thailand around the same time with a gasoline engine.
"Every aspect of the new entry sedan seeks to amaze the customer by offering divergent and desirable values to expand customer delight beyond expectations. The contemporary style of "Amaze" will entice customers with its amazingly spacious interior yet compact exteriors, which was designed while further advancing the Honda M/M (man maximum, machine minimum) concept*1," said Honda.
Specifications of the new diesel car is expected to be revealed on Nov 23. Amaze will debut in India in the next fiscal year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy