Honda's Diesel-Based 'Amaze' to Release in 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 9, 2012 11:10 PM EST
Japanese car manufacturer Honda confirmed on Friday the name of its first diesel car in India as "Amaze".
Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform, which was a scoring success in India's small car market. The company has not revealed the features of its upcoming sedan, but said that the car will be available with petrol and diesel engines.
"The Honda Amaze will be available with a petrol engine and a newly-developed diesel engine and will be positioned in the entry level sedan segment for the Indian market," the company said.
Honda claimed that Amaze will pack all the needs of Indian consumers and will be made available in the market for an affordable price. The car will also debut in Thailand around the same time with a gasoline engine.
"Every aspect of the new entry sedan seeks to amaze the customer by offering divergent and desirable values to expand customer delight beyond expectations. The contemporary style of "Amaze" will entice customers with its amazingly spacious interior yet compact exteriors, which was designed while further advancing the Honda M/M (man maximum, machine minimum) concept*1," said Honda.
Specifications of the new diesel car is expected to be revealed on Nov 23. Amaze will debut in India in the next fiscal year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown