Honda's Diesel-Based 'Amaze' to Release in 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 9, 2012 11:10 PM EST
Japanese car manufacturer Honda confirmed on Friday the name of its first diesel car in India as "Amaze".
Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform, which was a scoring success in India's small car market. The company has not revealed the features of its upcoming sedan, but said that the car will be available with petrol and diesel engines.
"The Honda Amaze will be available with a petrol engine and a newly-developed diesel engine and will be positioned in the entry level sedan segment for the Indian market," the company said.
Honda claimed that Amaze will pack all the needs of Indian consumers and will be made available in the market for an affordable price. The car will also debut in Thailand around the same time with a gasoline engine.
"Every aspect of the new entry sedan seeks to amaze the customer by offering divergent and desirable values to expand customer delight beyond expectations. The contemporary style of "Amaze" will entice customers with its amazingly spacious interior yet compact exteriors, which was designed while further advancing the Honda M/M (man maximum, machine minimum) concept*1," said Honda.
Specifications of the new diesel car is expected to be revealed on Nov 23. Amaze will debut in India in the next fiscal year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast