‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ vs ‘Son of Sardaar’: Appellate Tribunal Issues Notice to YRF, But Refuses to Stay 'JTHJ' Release
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 9, 2012 10:47 PM EST
Actor-producer Ajay Devgn has lost the first round of his battle with YRF when the Competition Commission of India (CCI) rejected his plea alleging Yash Raj productions of monopolistic practices.
With just three days left for the release of "Son of Sardaar" and "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", Ajay has approached the Appellate Tribunal to fight for his rights.
"We are shocked by the rejection of our legitimate case by the CCI. We have approached the Appellate Tribunal against the order," a spokesperson of Ajay Devgn Films said in a statement.
Both "Son of Sardaar" and "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" are releasing on the same day and advance booking of the films have already begun. Ajay has accused Yash Raj Films, producer of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", for allegedly using its dominant position in the film industry.
The Competition Appellate Tribunal has refused to stop the screening of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", but has issued notice to YRF and the distributor entities on Ajay's plea. The tribunal has now ordered an enquiry against YRF, but also gave a relief to the production company by saying that the release of the movie will not be stayed.
The Appellate court said "huge economic interests are at stake for both the parties' films and there could be irreparable loss, if the release is stayed," according to Press Trust of India (PTI).
"We desist from passing any order," the tribunal said, adding that "it would not be proper on our part to freeze the agreements between Yash Raj Films and the single screen film exhibitors."
"The Competition Appellate Tribunal has seen merit in our case and has issued notice for enquiring into the anti- competitive activities of YRF about the tie in arrangement to block our movie Son of Sardaar on the day of Diwali," an ADF spokesperson told PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed