Arsenal Set to Lose Another Star - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 9, 2012 9:52 PM EST
Inter Milan are considering a swoop for Arsenal right back Bacary Sagna at the end of the season. The French international's contract with the Premier League club expires in 2014 and the 29 year old has previously voiced his frustration at the club's transfer policies.
The Emirates club has seen the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri, Alex Song and Robin van Persie leave in search of championships and trophies Arsenal do not seem able to win and Sagna is clearly unhappy with the trend.
The defender signed for the club from Ligue 1 outfit AJ Auxerre in 2007 and has yet to win a trophy with Arsene Wenger's side, despite being regarded as one of the best in his position, in England. Unfortunately for him he has not had the greatest of luck with injuries in recent season, having broken his leg twice in the space of 12 months. The second was earlier this year, in a league game at Carrow Road, and he has only now returned to regular first team action.
Meanwhile, Sagna's understudy and deputy during his time out, 20 year old Cark Jenkinson, debuted in the catastrophic 8-2 defeat to Manchester United last year and has rapidly established himself as one of the best young talents in Wenger's squad. Jenkinson has been called up to Roy Hodgson's England squad, to face Sweden in an international friendly, subject to clearance from the English FA following his links with Finland's youth teams.
Wenger has congratulated Jenkinson on his call-up to the England squad and stated it would only serve to increase the youngster's confidence and self-belief, by leaps and bounds. The youngster will fight for Liverpool's Glen Johnson and Tottenham's Kyle Walker for a place in the starting 11.
"I am happy that his potential has been acknowledged by Roy Hodgson, so that is good news," said Wenger. Carl is a guy with massive potential and I believe the positive of that is it will improve his belief, and that is very important for him in my opinion," the 63 year old Wenger told the club's Web site.
Sagna himself has commented on Jenkinson's rise to the Gunners' first team and stated he was delighted at the competition and would help the youngster any way he could. However, he will privately also be considering the Englishman's presence as reasonable cover should he decide to force a transfer away from the Emirates... something Wenger will also have noticed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues