Grey's Anatomy Season 9x05 'Beautiful Doom' Recap - Another beloved character dies
By Arlene Paredes | November 9, 2012 7:46 PM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 is determined to crush its viewers' hearts. A lot of spoilers were released on what the "Beautiful Doom" episode would be about: the intertwined lives of Meredith and Cristina, and how Meredith finally begins grieving Lexie's death. Something never came up, though. A beloved character dies in this episode.
Spoiler alert: This article may contain a shocking spoiler. Skip to the last paragraph if you have not watched "Beautiful Doom." (Don't even read the reactions on Twitter.)
Here are the highlights of Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 5: "Beautiful Doom"
1. A female cyclist gets pinned by a car. Meredith drew parallels and saw her sister needing her help. In that moment, as far as Meredith is concerned, Lexie Grey is alive again and she could save her.
2. Webber did not feel right about Meredith handling the cyclist's case. He was afraid the situation involving the incident was "too close to home." He tells Meredith, "Emotions might be clouding your judgment." Meredith thought differently.
3. Cristina stands by Thomas against her "sex friend" Parker. The old man annoyed her during the Boards, and annoyed her even more with his long surgery hours and old school techniques. And then things gradually change. She starts actually learning from him. Then she discovers he, too, was in a plane crash. There is no way he will let the old man fight any battle alone.
4. Thomas and Cristina bond over a risky surgery. He tells her how much she means to him. Moments later, he collapses and dies. Cristina is inconsolable.
5. Cristina finds her way back "home." Remember when she said she couldn't wait to leave Seattle Grace "Mercy Death?" She now realizes that tragedy strikes everywhere. So she comes back home to her person.
Grey's Anatomy Viewers React on Twitter while watching "Beautiful Doom"
You may think you survived a whole Grey's Anatomy episode without crying, but then that last minute GETS YOU. It's inevitable. - Princess Life @Princess_Lifee
"Everyone's dead." Cristina just summed up 9 seasons of Grey's Anatomy in 2 words. - Haley @LoveAndLonging
dr. feeny on thursday's grey's anatomy is the only real joy in my life right now #happysad - jmbg @okghost
Grey's Anatomy Speculations
Now that Cristina is back in Seattle, it is time to revisit her marriage. How do you think will she start things over with Owen Hunt?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’