One-Eyed Goat Draws Attention from Astonished Locals
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 9, 2012 4:52 PM EST
If you think that you have already seen everything, better brace yourself as Mother Nature offers another amazing thing to shock us. Like the one-eyed goat born in Perundurai, Erode, India.
Kandasamy, the goat's owner, claimed he never encountered anything like this in the past 10 years of breeding goats. According to Dr. K. Asokan, Coimbatore VOC Park Zoo's director, the goat's strange appearance was caused by a genetic disorder. "It's rare to see such goats in the villages," Dr. Asokan said.
In 2004, residents of Durban's Folweni town were also shocked to see a baby goat born with just one eye in the middle of the forehead just like Cyclops of the Greek mythology. What made it more astounding was the fact that the single eye looked eerily human.
The news about the goat's weird birth spread like fire as hundreds of spectators headed to Folweni to witness the existence of the one-eyed goat. Locals even named the little animal Umlingo, isiZulu which means miracle.
At that time, some of the community members think that the goat's appearance was the result of bestiality. "We've never seen anything like this before. There are many immoral people who think nothing of raping toddlers, so why not a goat?" one resident said.
There were also some people who suggested that the goat must be slain. However, Rose Magubane, the goat's owner, disagreed with the belief that there was nothing wrong with the animal. "Yes, it's abnormal and it doesn't look like a goat, but that doesn't mean it has to be killed. It's God's creature," Magubane said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans