One-Eyed Goat Draws Attention from Astonished Locals
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 9, 2012 4:52 PM EST
If you think that you have already seen everything, better brace yourself as Mother Nature offers another amazing thing to shock us. Like the one-eyed goat born in Perundurai, Erode, India.
Kandasamy, the goat's owner, claimed he never encountered anything like this in the past 10 years of breeding goats. According to Dr. K. Asokan, Coimbatore VOC Park Zoo's director, the goat's strange appearance was caused by a genetic disorder. "It's rare to see such goats in the villages," Dr. Asokan said.
In 2004, residents of Durban's Folweni town were also shocked to see a baby goat born with just one eye in the middle of the forehead just like Cyclops of the Greek mythology. What made it more astounding was the fact that the single eye looked eerily human.
The news about the goat's weird birth spread like fire as hundreds of spectators headed to Folweni to witness the existence of the one-eyed goat. Locals even named the little animal Umlingo, isiZulu which means miracle.
At that time, some of the community members think that the goat's appearance was the result of bestiality. "We've never seen anything like this before. There are many immoral people who think nothing of raping toddlers, so why not a goat?" one resident said.
There were also some people who suggested that the goat must be slain. However, Rose Magubane, the goat's owner, disagreed with the belief that there was nothing wrong with the animal. "Yes, it's abnormal and it doesn't look like a goat, but that doesn't mean it has to be killed. It's God's creature," Magubane said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]