One-Eyed Goat Draws Attention from Astonished Locals
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 9, 2012 4:52 PM EST
If you think that you have already seen everything, better brace yourself as Mother Nature offers another amazing thing to shock us. Like the one-eyed goat born in Perundurai, Erode, India.
Kandasamy, the goat's owner, claimed he never encountered anything like this in the past 10 years of breeding goats. According to Dr. K. Asokan, Coimbatore VOC Park Zoo's director, the goat's strange appearance was caused by a genetic disorder. "It's rare to see such goats in the villages," Dr. Asokan said.
In 2004, residents of Durban's Folweni town were also shocked to see a baby goat born with just one eye in the middle of the forehead just like Cyclops of the Greek mythology. What made it more astounding was the fact that the single eye looked eerily human.
The news about the goat's weird birth spread like fire as hundreds of spectators headed to Folweni to witness the existence of the one-eyed goat. Locals even named the little animal Umlingo, isiZulu which means miracle.
At that time, some of the community members think that the goat's appearance was the result of bestiality. "We've never seen anything like this before. There are many immoral people who think nothing of raping toddlers, so why not a goat?" one resident said.
There were also some people who suggested that the goat must be slain. However, Rose Magubane, the goat's owner, disagreed with the belief that there was nothing wrong with the animal. "Yes, it's abnormal and it doesn't look like a goat, but that doesn't mean it has to be killed. It's God's creature," Magubane said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election