China Inflation Slows To 1.7% In October
November 9, 2012 1:55 PM EST
China’s consumer inflation unexpectedly slowed to a 33-month low thanks to food prices, the government announced Friday, while producer-price deflation eased in a sign of rebounding industrial demand.
The consumer-price index rose 1.7 percent in October from a year earlier, the National Bureau of Statistics said, Bloomberg reported. That was below the median estimate of analysts surveyed by Bloomberg and compared with 1.9 percent in September. Producer prices declined 2.8 percent from a year earlier after a 3.6 percent drop in September.
While the increase in China’s gross domestic product slowed to 7.4 percent in the July-September quarter from a year earlier, the weakest in three years, gauges of manufacturing and retail sales have pointed to a recovery. Expansion will probably pick up to 7.7 percent this quarter and to 7.9 percent in January-March 2013, based on the median estimate of analysts surveyed Oct. 18-22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Economic Growth In US And Sub-Saharan Africa Allay 2015 Recession Fears
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’