Ted Nugent On The Election: 'Welfare Brats Have A President To Destroy America'
By Eric Brown | November 9, 2012 9:05 AM EST
Aging rock star Ted Nugent is done too pleased about the election results. The right-wing guitarist and singer took to Twitter to protest Barack Obama’s victory.
“Pimps whores & welfare brats & their soulless supporters hav [sic] a president to destroy America,” Nugent tweeted
The singer followed up his first tweet with more statements calling Obama “a subhuman varmint” and lamenting the fact that “America ... just voted for economic and spiritual suicide.” He also added for good measure that Democratic voters were “soulless fools.”
Of course, Nugent has long been vocal in his hard-right beliefs. In July, Nugent penned a bizarre opinion piece for the Washington Times saying that it might have been better if the South had won the Civil War.
“Because our legislative, judicial and executive branches of government hold the 10th Amendment in contempt, I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been best had the South won the Civil War. Our Founding Fathers' concept of limited government is dead,” read the most inflammatory paragraph of Nugent's opinion piece.
In April, Nugent seemed to threaten Obama's life at the National Rifle Association's annual convention in St. Louis. “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will be dead or in jail by this time next year,” he told the crowd.
The rock star later met with the Secret Service to discuss his remarks and status as a potential threat to the president. Nugent claimed his remarks were a “metaphor” and received no further attention from the Secret Service.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report