Top Barclays Trader Oliver Desbarres in 'F**cking Chinese' Rant at Singapore Construction Workers
By Toyin Owoseje | November 9, 2012 6:25 AM EST
A Barclays trader has been allegedly caught on camera threatening the lives of construction workers in Singapore.
Olivier Desbarres, Barclays Capital's Head of FX Strategy in Asia, is accused of going on a rampage outside his home and terrorizing workers early last month, The Times has reported.
In the video which has emerged online, a man that resembles the banker can be seen approaching the workers and screaming obscenities.
"I'm gonna go after you. I'm gonna burn your f**cking house down," he shouts.
"You have no respect. You know what? You're f**cking animals. Chinese f**cking animals... I have a life. I have a family. You break that, I will find your f**cking family. I can find it very easily - I'm a man with resources."
Dressed in shorts and sandals, he is then seen grabbing up a large sheet of zinc panel and hurling it into the construction pit, narrowly missing two workers.
Once he notices that he is being filmed he fiercely adds: "You're filming me? You think that's good? Put your f**cking phone down because I'm going to wait for you to come out and take that phone and shove it up your f**cking ass."
According to local reports, the man had become upset about the noise the construction work had been making in his Katong neighbourhood.
Desbarres has since left (or been let go from) Barclays, said the Business Insider.
Barclays has declined to comment on the incident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft