Top Barclays Trader Oliver Desbarres in 'F**cking Chinese' Rant at Singapore Construction Workers
By Toyin Owoseje | November 9, 2012 6:25 AM EST
A Barclays trader has been allegedly caught on camera threatening the lives of construction workers in Singapore.
Olivier Desbarres, Barclays Capital's Head of FX Strategy in Asia, is accused of going on a rampage outside his home and terrorizing workers early last month, The Times has reported.
In the video which has emerged online, a man that resembles the banker can be seen approaching the workers and screaming obscenities.
"I'm gonna go after you. I'm gonna burn your f**cking house down," he shouts.
"You have no respect. You know what? You're f**cking animals. Chinese f**cking animals... I have a life. I have a family. You break that, I will find your f**cking family. I can find it very easily - I'm a man with resources."
Dressed in shorts and sandals, he is then seen grabbing up a large sheet of zinc panel and hurling it into the construction pit, narrowly missing two workers.
Once he notices that he is being filmed he fiercely adds: "You're filming me? You think that's good? Put your f**cking phone down because I'm going to wait for you to come out and take that phone and shove it up your f**cking ass."
According to local reports, the man had become upset about the noise the construction work had been making in his Katong neighbourhood.
Desbarres has since left (or been let go from) Barclays, said the Business Insider.
Barclays has declined to comment on the incident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight