The Nemenoff Report Bonds Lower, S&P's higher, Silver Higher
By Marc Nemenoff | November 9, 2012 4:16 AM EST
Financials: Dec. Bonds are currently 9 lower at 150’01. If you went short above 150’15 yesterday (the high was 150’19) either take the short term profit or use a protective buy stop at 151’06 for protection. If your intention is to look for a longer term trade, lower your buy stop to break even if the market trades below the 149’26 level. Support is currently the 148’08 level.
Grains: Dec. Corn is currently fractionally higher at 744’6, Jan. Beans 3’0 higher at 1510’0 and Dec. Wheat 2’0 higher at 896’0. If you remain long Wheat either take profits or raise your protective buy stop to 882’0. We remain long out of the money calls in Dec. Corn and out of the money call spreads in Mar. Corn. Crop Report tomorrow morning.
Cattle: Dec. LC are currently 10 lower at 124.85 and Jan. FC 50 lower at 145.00. Jan. Feeders are now below the 145.50 level and could signal a break to the 142.00 level where I will be interested in trying the long side of the market. Of note: Dec. Hogs are once again above the 80.00 level having rallied from the 76.725 level earlier in the week. I will once again be looking to have a short biased position (either short futures, short cals or long puts) if this market trades above the 81.00 level.
Silver: Dec. Silver is currently 8 cents higher at 31.74 and Dec. Gold unchanged at 1414.00. We remain long Silver as a long term position.
S&P's: Dec. S&P’s are currently 4.00 higher at 1393.00. Yesterday’s support of the mid 1390’s was broken as the market traded as low as 1384.00 amid talk of of “fiscal cliff” and possible rising taxes. The market is now looking at longer term support at the 200 day moving average of 1373.25. Resistance is currently 1407.00.
Currencies: As of this writing the Dec. Euro is currently 30 lower at 1.2742, the Swiss 25 lower at 1.0565, the Yen 2 higher at 1.2521 and the Pound 4 lower at 1.5984. I am on the sidelines at the moment.
888.908.4310 | 312.264.4310
Copyright Price Futures Group All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon August 29, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday August 29, 2014
- Global Markets Overview – August 29, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning August 29, 2014
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0