Siemens AG NYSE:SI Reports strong earnings for F-Q-4
By Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. | November 9, 2012 1:44 AM EST
Siemens AG released strong earnings for its F-Q-4 and outlined plans to lower costs by EUR 6-B by Y 2014.
Siemens is set on making itself the most well-run and well-structured conglomerate in the world. That is something its rival, General Electric Co. NYSE: GE, cannot claim based on its past several years of results.
Siemens revenue for Q-4 rose 7% year-over-year to EUR 21.703-B, and orders rose 2% to EUR 21.495-B.
Siemens did particularly well in 2 sectors that are GE strongholds: Energy and Healthcare recorded higher fourth-quarter orders year-over-year, including strong demand at Fossil Power Generation and Diagnostics. Infrastructure & Cities saw orders fall from the prior-year level, which included a higher volume from large orders.
Click to View
Siemens results do not appear to have been hurt much by the global slowdown as it posted better results based on its most important measurements:
All Sectors reported revenue growth in the fourth quarter with tailwinds from currency translation effects. Energy and Healthcare posted double-digit increases on broad-based growth.
On a geographic basis, revenue rose in all 3 regions, led by 14% growth in the Americas. Emerging markets on a global basis grew 3% Y-Y, and accounted for EUR 7.416 billion, or 34%, of total revenue for the Quarter.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. writes and publishes The Red Roadmaster’s Technical Report on the US Major Market Indices, a weekly, highly-regarded financial market letter, read by opinion makers, business leaders and organizations around the world.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr has studied the global financial and stock markets since 1984, following a successful business career that included investment banking, and market and business analysis. He is a specialist in equities/commodities, and an accomplished chart reader who advises technicians with regard to Major Indices Resistance/Support Levels.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU