Deo Perfume Candy: Edible Deodrant Coming To UK
By Toyin Owoseje | November 9, 2012 1:14 AM EST
A US confectionery company is preparing to launch an edible deodorant in the UK.
Alpi and Beneo has created Deo Perfume Candy, a sweet which it claims will keep its consumers smelling sweet all day long.
The unique product, which is made from geraniol and rose oil, works by releasing a lingering rose scent through the pores of your skin.
Very much like garlic, geraniol contains chemicals that cannot be broken down by the body. When released through the pores it delivers a fragrant effect.
One mouthful will apparently keep you smelling of roses for up to six hours.
"Deo Perfume Candy takes the pleasure of eating a delicious treat to a whole new level!" the manufacturer's website boasts.
Science and nature have come together to make a functional food that leaves your skin with a beautiful rose fragrance.
The strange new invention, which has already taken America by storm, will make its UK debut early next year.
However, customers keen to get their hands on the hard-boiled candy will have to be prepared to pay the price. A small bag of the tangerine-flavoured sweets costs $10 (£6.25).
Perfume Candy is currently sold in Bulgaria and other Eastern European countries such as the Czech Republic and Hungary.
What will they come up with next? Chanel N°5 marshmallows? Chloe cheese strings?
Would you trade in your traditional deodorant for Deo Perfume Candy?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]