Deo Perfume Candy: Edible Deodrant Coming To UK
By Toyin Owoseje | November 9, 2012 1:14 AM EST
A US confectionery company is preparing to launch an edible deodorant in the UK.
Alpi and Beneo has created Deo Perfume Candy, a sweet which it claims will keep its consumers smelling sweet all day long.
The unique product, which is made from geraniol and rose oil, works by releasing a lingering rose scent through the pores of your skin.
Very much like garlic, geraniol contains chemicals that cannot be broken down by the body. When released through the pores it delivers a fragrant effect.
One mouthful will apparently keep you smelling of roses for up to six hours.
"Deo Perfume Candy takes the pleasure of eating a delicious treat to a whole new level!" the manufacturer's website boasts.
Science and nature have come together to make a functional food that leaves your skin with a beautiful rose fragrance.
The strange new invention, which has already taken America by storm, will make its UK debut early next year.
However, customers keen to get their hands on the hard-boiled candy will have to be prepared to pay the price. A small bag of the tangerine-flavoured sweets costs $10 (£6.25).
Perfume Candy is currently sold in Bulgaria and other Eastern European countries such as the Czech Republic and Hungary.
What will they come up with next? Chanel N°5 marshmallows? Chloe cheese strings?
Would you trade in your traditional deodorant for Deo Perfume Candy?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28