Deo Perfume Candy: Edible Deodrant Coming To UK
By Toyin Owoseje | November 9, 2012 1:14 AM EST
A US confectionery company is preparing to launch an edible deodorant in the UK.
Alpi and Beneo has created Deo Perfume Candy, a sweet which it claims will keep its consumers smelling sweet all day long.
The unique product, which is made from geraniol and rose oil, works by releasing a lingering rose scent through the pores of your skin.
Very much like garlic, geraniol contains chemicals that cannot be broken down by the body. When released through the pores it delivers a fragrant effect.
One mouthful will apparently keep you smelling of roses for up to six hours.
"Deo Perfume Candy takes the pleasure of eating a delicious treat to a whole new level!" the manufacturer's website boasts.
Science and nature have come together to make a functional food that leaves your skin with a beautiful rose fragrance.
The strange new invention, which has already taken America by storm, will make its UK debut early next year.
However, customers keen to get their hands on the hard-boiled candy will have to be prepared to pay the price. A small bag of the tangerine-flavoured sweets costs $10 (£6.25).
Perfume Candy is currently sold in Bulgaria and other Eastern European countries such as the Czech Republic and Hungary.
What will they come up with next? Chanel N°5 marshmallows? Chloe cheese strings?
Would you trade in your traditional deodorant for Deo Perfume Candy?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Sees Biggest After-Earnings Move; Share Price To Reach 3-Digit Mark
- Medibank IPO Seeks To Raise $4.8B Capital, Biggest Share Launch In Asia For 2014
- 65 Deaths In 1 Year Make Jobs In Transport & Storage Sector Most Dangerous In Australia
- Porsche, Pope, Sistine Chapel and The Godfather
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar