Deo Perfume Candy: Edible Deodrant Coming To UK
By Toyin Owoseje | November 9, 2012 1:14 AM EST
A US confectionery company is preparing to launch an edible deodorant in the UK.
Alpi and Beneo has created Deo Perfume Candy, a sweet which it claims will keep its consumers smelling sweet all day long.
The unique product, which is made from geraniol and rose oil, works by releasing a lingering rose scent through the pores of your skin.
Very much like garlic, geraniol contains chemicals that cannot be broken down by the body. When released through the pores it delivers a fragrant effect.
One mouthful will apparently keep you smelling of roses for up to six hours.
"Deo Perfume Candy takes the pleasure of eating a delicious treat to a whole new level!" the manufacturer's website boasts.
Science and nature have come together to make a functional food that leaves your skin with a beautiful rose fragrance.
The strange new invention, which has already taken America by storm, will make its UK debut early next year.
However, customers keen to get their hands on the hard-boiled candy will have to be prepared to pay the price. A small bag of the tangerine-flavoured sweets costs $10 (£6.25).
Perfume Candy is currently sold in Bulgaria and other Eastern European countries such as the Czech Republic and Hungary.
What will they come up with next? Chanel N°5 marshmallows? Chloe cheese strings?
Would you trade in your traditional deodorant for Deo Perfume Candy?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1