Deo Perfume Candy: Edible Deodrant Coming To UK
By Toyin Owoseje | November 9, 2012 1:14 AM EST
A US confectionery company is preparing to launch an edible deodorant in the UK.
Alpi and Beneo has created Deo Perfume Candy, a sweet which it claims will keep its consumers smelling sweet all day long.
The unique product, which is made from geraniol and rose oil, works by releasing a lingering rose scent through the pores of your skin.
Very much like garlic, geraniol contains chemicals that cannot be broken down by the body. When released through the pores it delivers a fragrant effect.
One mouthful will apparently keep you smelling of roses for up to six hours.
"Deo Perfume Candy takes the pleasure of eating a delicious treat to a whole new level!" the manufacturer's website boasts.
Science and nature have come together to make a functional food that leaves your skin with a beautiful rose fragrance.
The strange new invention, which has already taken America by storm, will make its UK debut early next year.
However, customers keen to get their hands on the hard-boiled candy will have to be prepared to pay the price. A small bag of the tangerine-flavoured sweets costs $10 (£6.25).
Perfume Candy is currently sold in Bulgaria and other Eastern European countries such as the Czech Republic and Hungary.
What will they come up with next? Chanel N°5 marshmallows? Chloe cheese strings?
Would you trade in your traditional deodorant for Deo Perfume Candy?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown