Green Mountain gives details of Luigi Lavazza espresso machine
November 9, 2012 1:14 AM EST
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc unveiled details of the long-awaited single-cup espresso machine it will launch with Italy's Luigi Lavazza SpA, marking its entry into the espresso, cappuccino and latte brewer category.
The machine, to be called Keurig Rivo Cappuccino and Latte System, will have a suggested retail price of $229.99 and will be available exclusively at select Bloomingdales stores, starting in mid-November.
Green Mountain's machine will compete with Verismo coffee and espresso makers launched by Starbucks Corp in October.
Green Mountain, owner of the Keurig one-cup brewing system and the K-Cups that go with it, has been facing increased competition of late.
In September, certain patents governing K-Cups' design expired, leading to the emergence of a host of lower-cost competitors, including private label brands that are producing Keurig-compatible cups without a licensing agreement with Green Mountain.
Shares of Green Mountain closed at $24.74 on the Nasdaq on Wednesday.
(Corrects paragraph 2 to say the suggested retail price of the espresso machine to $229.99, not $299.99)
(Reporting By Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore and Martinne Geller in New York; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements