CCTV Footage of Brent Cross Motorbike Robbery Released by Police
By Ewan Palmer | November 8, 2012 11:33 PM EST
Police have released CCTV footage showing the moment six robbers raided a jewellery store in Brent Cross Shopping Centre on motorbikes armed with bats and axes.
The footage of the 'smash and grab' raid at a Fraser Hart jewellers on the morning of 6 November has been released by Flying Squad detectives in a bid to find the robbers.
Pictures of the three motorbikes used in the raid have also been released, after they were found abandoned four miles away from the centre near a golf course in Mill Hill.
Detectives believe the six men, two on each bike, rode into the shopping centre via the entrance next to New Look.
The pillion passengers then smashed the store windows, escaping with a haul of watches and jewellery.
There have been no arrests in connection with the robbery.
No one was injured during the incident, but an elderly man was treated for shock at the scene.
Det Ch Insp Harry Hennigan, of the Finchley Flying Squad, said: "It is miraculous how nobody was injured during yesterday's shocking events.
"The suspects had absolutely no regard for public safety and they could have very easily mown down an unsuspecting shopper or member of staff.
"We are appealing to anyone who may have seen the three motorbikes being driven from Brent Cross to Mill Hill."
The footage can be seen below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar