CCTV Footage of Brent Cross Motorbike Robbery Released by Police
By Ewan Palmer | November 8, 2012 11:33 PM EST
Police have released CCTV footage showing the moment six robbers raided a jewellery store in Brent Cross Shopping Centre on motorbikes armed with bats and axes.
The footage of the 'smash and grab' raid at a Fraser Hart jewellers on the morning of 6 November has been released by Flying Squad detectives in a bid to find the robbers.
Pictures of the three motorbikes used in the raid have also been released, after they were found abandoned four miles away from the centre near a golf course in Mill Hill.
Detectives believe the six men, two on each bike, rode into the shopping centre via the entrance next to New Look.
The pillion passengers then smashed the store windows, escaping with a haul of watches and jewellery.
There have been no arrests in connection with the robbery.
No one was injured during the incident, but an elderly man was treated for shock at the scene.
Det Ch Insp Harry Hennigan, of the Finchley Flying Squad, said: "It is miraculous how nobody was injured during yesterday's shocking events.
"The suspects had absolutely no regard for public safety and they could have very easily mown down an unsuspecting shopper or member of staff.
"We are appealing to anyone who may have seen the three motorbikes being driven from Brent Cross to Mill Hill."
The footage can be seen below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS