CCTV Footage of Brent Cross Motorbike Robbery Released by Police
By Ewan Palmer | November 8, 2012 11:33 PM EST
Police have released CCTV footage showing the moment six robbers raided a jewellery store in Brent Cross Shopping Centre on motorbikes armed with bats and axes.
The footage of the 'smash and grab' raid at a Fraser Hart jewellers on the morning of 6 November has been released by Flying Squad detectives in a bid to find the robbers.
Pictures of the three motorbikes used in the raid have also been released, after they were found abandoned four miles away from the centre near a golf course in Mill Hill.
Detectives believe the six men, two on each bike, rode into the shopping centre via the entrance next to New Look.
The pillion passengers then smashed the store windows, escaping with a haul of watches and jewellery.
There have been no arrests in connection with the robbery.
No one was injured during the incident, but an elderly man was treated for shock at the scene.
Det Ch Insp Harry Hennigan, of the Finchley Flying Squad, said: "It is miraculous how nobody was injured during yesterday's shocking events.
"The suspects had absolutely no regard for public safety and they could have very easily mown down an unsuspecting shopper or member of staff.
"We are appealing to anyone who may have seen the three motorbikes being driven from Brent Cross to Mill Hill."
The footage can be seen below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Forced Marriages And Child Brides Rampant In Australia: Police Said
- Singapore Top Court Maintains Law Criminalising Gay Sex
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Roast Busters Scandal Investigation: No Charges Filed
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy