Passenger on IndiGo Mumbai-Delhi Flight Turns Violent, Slaps Airhostess
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 8, 2012 10:18 PM EST
A huge drama was unfolded on board Mumbai-Delhi Indigo flight on Wednesday after a man allegedly assaulted co-passengers and an air-hostess.
According to reports, the accused passenger, Mursalim Shaikh, had an argument with a woman on board. The argument happened when the woman complained that Shaikh was looking at her reflection in the plane's window, Hindustan Times (HT) cited airline sources as saying.
When an aircraft crew member intervened, Shaikh turned violent, began screaming and slapped the airhostess.
"The passenger got violent with other passengers on flight and tried to enter the cockpit. The airline crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measure to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley was secured," an airline spokesperson told HT.
After the argument Shaikh started hitting his head on the plane and also threatened to open one of the doors of the aircraft. He also warned other passengers saying "sabko dekh loonga" (Will teach lesson to everyone) before moving towards the cockpit.
With the help of other male travelers, the crew members overpowered him. The pilot, in the meantime, informed security agencies at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International airport to provide security at the runway.
"This unruly passenger started screaming and also physically assaulted a crew member. The passenger also got violent with co-passengers, and tried to access the forward of the aircraft. IndiGo crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measures to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley," IndiGO officials said.
The man was arrested at IGI airport. A case of assault, outraging modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation were registered against him, according to NDTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage