Passenger on IndiGo Mumbai-Delhi Flight Turns Violent, Slaps Airhostess
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 8, 2012 10:18 PM EST
A huge drama was unfolded on board Mumbai-Delhi Indigo flight on Wednesday after a man allegedly assaulted co-passengers and an air-hostess.
According to reports, the accused passenger, Mursalim Shaikh, had an argument with a woman on board. The argument happened when the woman complained that Shaikh was looking at her reflection in the plane's window, Hindustan Times (HT) cited airline sources as saying.
When an aircraft crew member intervened, Shaikh turned violent, began screaming and slapped the airhostess.
"The passenger got violent with other passengers on flight and tried to enter the cockpit. The airline crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measure to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley was secured," an airline spokesperson told HT.
After the argument Shaikh started hitting his head on the plane and also threatened to open one of the doors of the aircraft. He also warned other passengers saying "sabko dekh loonga" (Will teach lesson to everyone) before moving towards the cockpit.
With the help of other male travelers, the crew members overpowered him. The pilot, in the meantime, informed security agencies at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International airport to provide security at the runway.
"This unruly passenger started screaming and also physically assaulted a crew member. The passenger also got violent with co-passengers, and tried to access the forward of the aircraft. IndiGo crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measures to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley," IndiGO officials said.
The man was arrested at IGI airport. A case of assault, outraging modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation were registered against him, according to NDTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate