Passenger on IndiGo Mumbai-Delhi Flight Turns Violent, Slaps Airhostess
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 8, 2012 10:18 PM EST
A huge drama was unfolded on board Mumbai-Delhi Indigo flight on Wednesday after a man allegedly assaulted co-passengers and an air-hostess.
According to reports, the accused passenger, Mursalim Shaikh, had an argument with a woman on board. The argument happened when the woman complained that Shaikh was looking at her reflection in the plane's window, Hindustan Times (HT) cited airline sources as saying.
When an aircraft crew member intervened, Shaikh turned violent, began screaming and slapped the airhostess.
"The passenger got violent with other passengers on flight and tried to enter the cockpit. The airline crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measure to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley was secured," an airline spokesperson told HT.
After the argument Shaikh started hitting his head on the plane and also threatened to open one of the doors of the aircraft. He also warned other passengers saying "sabko dekh loonga" (Will teach lesson to everyone) before moving towards the cockpit.
With the help of other male travelers, the crew members overpowered him. The pilot, in the meantime, informed security agencies at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International airport to provide security at the runway.
"This unruly passenger started screaming and also physically assaulted a crew member. The passenger also got violent with co-passengers, and tried to access the forward of the aircraft. IndiGo crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measures to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley," IndiGO officials said.
The man was arrested at IGI airport. A case of assault, outraging modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation were registered against him, according to NDTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft