Passenger on IndiGo Mumbai-Delhi Flight Turns Violent, Slaps Airhostess
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 8, 2012 10:18 PM EST
A huge drama was unfolded on board Mumbai-Delhi Indigo flight on Wednesday after a man allegedly assaulted co-passengers and an air-hostess.
According to reports, the accused passenger, Mursalim Shaikh, had an argument with a woman on board. The argument happened when the woman complained that Shaikh was looking at her reflection in the plane's window, Hindustan Times (HT) cited airline sources as saying.
When an aircraft crew member intervened, Shaikh turned violent, began screaming and slapped the airhostess.
"The passenger got violent with other passengers on flight and tried to enter the cockpit. The airline crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measure to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley was secured," an airline spokesperson told HT.
After the argument Shaikh started hitting his head on the plane and also threatened to open one of the doors of the aircraft. He also warned other passengers saying "sabko dekh loonga" (Will teach lesson to everyone) before moving towards the cockpit.
With the help of other male travelers, the crew members overpowered him. The pilot, in the meantime, informed security agencies at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International airport to provide security at the runway.
"This unruly passenger started screaming and also physically assaulted a crew member. The passenger also got violent with co-passengers, and tried to access the forward of the aircraft. IndiGo crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measures to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley," IndiGO officials said.
The man was arrested at IGI airport. A case of assault, outraging modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation were registered against him, according to NDTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health