Passenger on IndiGo Mumbai-Delhi Flight Turns Violent, Slaps Airhostess
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 8, 2012 10:18 PM EST
A huge drama was unfolded on board Mumbai-Delhi Indigo flight on Wednesday after a man allegedly assaulted co-passengers and an air-hostess.
According to reports, the accused passenger, Mursalim Shaikh, had an argument with a woman on board. The argument happened when the woman complained that Shaikh was looking at her reflection in the plane's window, Hindustan Times (HT) cited airline sources as saying.
When an aircraft crew member intervened, Shaikh turned violent, began screaming and slapped the airhostess.
"The passenger got violent with other passengers on flight and tried to enter the cockpit. The airline crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measure to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley was secured," an airline spokesperson told HT.
After the argument Shaikh started hitting his head on the plane and also threatened to open one of the doors of the aircraft. He also warned other passengers saying "sabko dekh loonga" (Will teach lesson to everyone) before moving towards the cockpit.
With the help of other male travelers, the crew members overpowered him. The pilot, in the meantime, informed security agencies at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International airport to provide security at the runway.
"This unruly passenger started screaming and also physically assaulted a crew member. The passenger also got violent with co-passengers, and tried to access the forward of the aircraft. IndiGo crew made appropriate announcements and deployed security measures to block access to the front of the aircraft and the front galley," IndiGO officials said.
The man was arrested at IGI airport. A case of assault, outraging modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation were registered against him, according to NDTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery