Wilshere Desperate for Arsenal to Offer Walcott New Deal
By Adrian Back | November 8, 2012 10:00 PM EST
Jack WIilshere wants to make sure Arsenal do not allow Theo Walcott to leave the club by offering him a new long-term contract.
The 20-year-old has witnessed a number of Arsenal players leave in recent seasons and is desperate for the situation to change. Robin van Persie and Alex Song followed Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri out of the Emirates and it has seemed as though Walcott could be next.
Walcott's current deal expires at the end of the season and manger Arsene Wenger has promised that the situation will be settled before Christmas.
However, with Walcott once again being overlooked for the crunch tie against Manchester United last weekend, rumours intensified that he would look to leave the club in January.
With the contract debacle set to continue for the next two months, Wilshere has urged Arsenal to act and offer the England international a new deal.
"Theo has been great," Wilshere told The Sun. "His future is down to him and the boss to sort out. I hope he does sign. He has been great for us. He's an English lad and great to have around."
Walcott did start for Arsenal in the 2-2 draw with Schalke in the Champions League and he further highlighted his importance to the side by scoring the first goal.
Meanwhile, Wilshere has revealed he never doubted he would return to competitive action, despite being forced out of football for 17 months with various injuries.
"I don't think there was a point where I thought I'm not coming back," Wilshere told the official Arsenal website. "I always thought I could come back.
"It was a serious injury, of course it kept me out for so long, but it wasn't the result of a bad tackle or anything where it was career-threatening. It was just something that happened over time.
"I knew it would take time to heal and then I had a few setbacks. Obviously you question yourself and say 'am I going to come back to the level that I was at before?' Hopefully now I can get back to training well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports