Wilshere Desperate for Arsenal to Offer Walcott New Deal
By Adrian Back | November 8, 2012 10:00 PM EST
Jack WIilshere wants to make sure Arsenal do not allow Theo Walcott to leave the club by offering him a new long-term contract.
The 20-year-old has witnessed a number of Arsenal players leave in recent seasons and is desperate for the situation to change. Robin van Persie and Alex Song followed Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri out of the Emirates and it has seemed as though Walcott could be next.
Walcott's current deal expires at the end of the season and manger Arsene Wenger has promised that the situation will be settled before Christmas.
However, with Walcott once again being overlooked for the crunch tie against Manchester United last weekend, rumours intensified that he would look to leave the club in January.
With the contract debacle set to continue for the next two months, Wilshere has urged Arsenal to act and offer the England international a new deal.
"Theo has been great," Wilshere told The Sun. "His future is down to him and the boss to sort out. I hope he does sign. He has been great for us. He's an English lad and great to have around."
Walcott did start for Arsenal in the 2-2 draw with Schalke in the Champions League and he further highlighted his importance to the side by scoring the first goal.
Meanwhile, Wilshere has revealed he never doubted he would return to competitive action, despite being forced out of football for 17 months with various injuries.
"I don't think there was a point where I thought I'm not coming back," Wilshere told the official Arsenal website. "I always thought I could come back.
"It was a serious injury, of course it kept me out for so long, but it wasn't the result of a bad tackle or anything where it was career-threatening. It was just something that happened over time.
"I knew it would take time to heal and then I had a few setbacks. Obviously you question yourself and say 'am I going to come back to the level that I was at before?' Hopefully now I can get back to training well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown