Black Friday: Walmart Debuts 2012 Shopping Deals Earlier On Thanksgiving Day
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 8, 2012 9:51 PM EST
Retail giant Walmart is kicking off 2012 Black Friday deals earlier this year as more stores are in a rush to throw open their holiday deals much-ahead of Black Friday.
While the holiday shopping season traditionally kicks off on the day after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday, the push to sell Christmas presents and other items has been moving earlier and earlier in recent years.
Apparently, Walmart is offering a guarantee to shoppers this year that those who are in queue during appointed hours on Thanksgiving will be able to lay their hands on three hot deals this holiday season, Los Angeles Times has reported.
The special holiday promotions begin at 8 p.m., this year and deals on high-end items including tires, electronics and jewellery is likely to be staggered throughout the night as the Walmart stores are open all day on Thanksgiving.
The Walmart deals lined up for eager shoppers who queue up from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day include:
· Emerson 32-inch television for $148
· LG Blu-ray player for $38
· $75 Walmart gift card with purchase of 16GB Apple iPad 2
Apparently, even if there is a product shortage in any one of the stores, customers can pay and have the product shipped to the store, Los Angeles Times has pointed out.
A recent National Retail Federation study predicts the average shopper will spend $749.51 on gifts and other holiday-related goods in 2012, a U.S. News & World Report has stated. With such heavy expenses waiting, shoppers are most likely to save money for the big day.
In 2012, the Thanksgiving Day is being observed on Nov. 22.
Other Walmart offers will include deals on video games starting at $10 and home appliances such as a Crock Pot slow cooker and a Mr. Coffee maker for $9.44 each, Reuters has reported.
After a round of specials focused on electronics at 10 pm, Walmart will take a break from special deals, giving shoppers a chance to take rest or visit other stores.
A variety of items from Goodyear tires to Singer Sewing Machine are tipped to go on sale at 5 a.m. Black Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists