Black Friday: Walmart Debuts 2012 Shopping Deals Earlier On Thanksgiving Day
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 8, 2012 9:51 PM EST
Retail giant Walmart is kicking off 2012 Black Friday deals earlier this year as more stores are in a rush to throw open their holiday deals much-ahead of Black Friday.
While the holiday shopping season traditionally kicks off on the day after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday, the push to sell Christmas presents and other items has been moving earlier and earlier in recent years.
Apparently, Walmart is offering a guarantee to shoppers this year that those who are in queue during appointed hours on Thanksgiving will be able to lay their hands on three hot deals this holiday season, Los Angeles Times has reported.
The special holiday promotions begin at 8 p.m., this year and deals on high-end items including tires, electronics and jewellery is likely to be staggered throughout the night as the Walmart stores are open all day on Thanksgiving.
The Walmart deals lined up for eager shoppers who queue up from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day include:
· Emerson 32-inch television for $148
· LG Blu-ray player for $38
· $75 Walmart gift card with purchase of 16GB Apple iPad 2
Apparently, even if there is a product shortage in any one of the stores, customers can pay and have the product shipped to the store, Los Angeles Times has pointed out.
A recent National Retail Federation study predicts the average shopper will spend $749.51 on gifts and other holiday-related goods in 2012, a U.S. News & World Report has stated. With such heavy expenses waiting, shoppers are most likely to save money for the big day.
In 2012, the Thanksgiving Day is being observed on Nov. 22.
Other Walmart offers will include deals on video games starting at $10 and home appliances such as a Crock Pot slow cooker and a Mr. Coffee maker for $9.44 each, Reuters has reported.
After a round of specials focused on electronics at 10 pm, Walmart will take a break from special deals, giving shoppers a chance to take rest or visit other stores.
A variety of items from Goodyear tires to Singer Sewing Machine are tipped to go on sale at 5 a.m. Black Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate