Black Friday: Walmart Debuts 2012 Shopping Deals Earlier On Thanksgiving Day
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 8, 2012 9:51 PM EST
Retail giant Walmart is kicking off 2012 Black Friday deals earlier this year as more stores are in a rush to throw open their holiday deals much-ahead of Black Friday.
While the holiday shopping season traditionally kicks off on the day after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday, the push to sell Christmas presents and other items has been moving earlier and earlier in recent years.
Apparently, Walmart is offering a guarantee to shoppers this year that those who are in queue during appointed hours on Thanksgiving will be able to lay their hands on three hot deals this holiday season, Los Angeles Times has reported.
The special holiday promotions begin at 8 p.m., this year and deals on high-end items including tires, electronics and jewellery is likely to be staggered throughout the night as the Walmart stores are open all day on Thanksgiving.
The Walmart deals lined up for eager shoppers who queue up from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day include:
· Emerson 32-inch television for $148
· LG Blu-ray player for $38
· $75 Walmart gift card with purchase of 16GB Apple iPad 2
Apparently, even if there is a product shortage in any one of the stores, customers can pay and have the product shipped to the store, Los Angeles Times has pointed out.
A recent National Retail Federation study predicts the average shopper will spend $749.51 on gifts and other holiday-related goods in 2012, a U.S. News & World Report has stated. With such heavy expenses waiting, shoppers are most likely to save money for the big day.
In 2012, the Thanksgiving Day is being observed on Nov. 22.
Other Walmart offers will include deals on video games starting at $10 and home appliances such as a Crock Pot slow cooker and a Mr. Coffee maker for $9.44 each, Reuters has reported.
After a round of specials focused on electronics at 10 pm, Walmart will take a break from special deals, giving shoppers a chance to take rest or visit other stores.
A variety of items from Goodyear tires to Singer Sewing Machine are tipped to go on sale at 5 a.m. Black Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS