Black Friday: Walmart Debuts 2012 Shopping Deals Earlier On Thanksgiving Day
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 8, 2012 9:51 PM EST
Retail giant Walmart is kicking off 2012 Black Friday deals earlier this year as more stores are in a rush to throw open their holiday deals much-ahead of Black Friday.
While the holiday shopping season traditionally kicks off on the day after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday, the push to sell Christmas presents and other items has been moving earlier and earlier in recent years.
Apparently, Walmart is offering a guarantee to shoppers this year that those who are in queue during appointed hours on Thanksgiving will be able to lay their hands on three hot deals this holiday season, Los Angeles Times has reported.
The special holiday promotions begin at 8 p.m., this year and deals on high-end items including tires, electronics and jewellery is likely to be staggered throughout the night as the Walmart stores are open all day on Thanksgiving.
The Walmart deals lined up for eager shoppers who queue up from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day include:
· Emerson 32-inch television for $148
· LG Blu-ray player for $38
· $75 Walmart gift card with purchase of 16GB Apple iPad 2
Apparently, even if there is a product shortage in any one of the stores, customers can pay and have the product shipped to the store, Los Angeles Times has pointed out.
A recent National Retail Federation study predicts the average shopper will spend $749.51 on gifts and other holiday-related goods in 2012, a U.S. News & World Report has stated. With such heavy expenses waiting, shoppers are most likely to save money for the big day.
In 2012, the Thanksgiving Day is being observed on Nov. 22.
Other Walmart offers will include deals on video games starting at $10 and home appliances such as a Crock Pot slow cooker and a Mr. Coffee maker for $9.44 each, Reuters has reported.
After a round of specials focused on electronics at 10 pm, Walmart will take a break from special deals, giving shoppers a chance to take rest or visit other stores.
A variety of items from Goodyear tires to Singer Sewing Machine are tipped to go on sale at 5 a.m. Black Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone