Black Friday: Walmart Debuts 2012 Shopping Deals Earlier On Thanksgiving Day
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 8, 2012 9:51 PM EST
Retail giant Walmart is kicking off 2012 Black Friday deals earlier this year as more stores are in a rush to throw open their holiday deals much-ahead of Black Friday.
While the holiday shopping season traditionally kicks off on the day after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday, the push to sell Christmas presents and other items has been moving earlier and earlier in recent years.
Apparently, Walmart is offering a guarantee to shoppers this year that those who are in queue during appointed hours on Thanksgiving will be able to lay their hands on three hot deals this holiday season, Los Angeles Times has reported.
The special holiday promotions begin at 8 p.m., this year and deals on high-end items including tires, electronics and jewellery is likely to be staggered throughout the night as the Walmart stores are open all day on Thanksgiving.
The Walmart deals lined up for eager shoppers who queue up from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day include:
· Emerson 32-inch television for $148
· LG Blu-ray player for $38
· $75 Walmart gift card with purchase of 16GB Apple iPad 2
Apparently, even if there is a product shortage in any one of the stores, customers can pay and have the product shipped to the store, Los Angeles Times has pointed out.
A recent National Retail Federation study predicts the average shopper will spend $749.51 on gifts and other holiday-related goods in 2012, a U.S. News & World Report has stated. With such heavy expenses waiting, shoppers are most likely to save money for the big day.
In 2012, the Thanksgiving Day is being observed on Nov. 22.
Other Walmart offers will include deals on video games starting at $10 and home appliances such as a Crock Pot slow cooker and a Mr. Coffee maker for $9.44 each, Reuters has reported.
After a round of specials focused on electronics at 10 pm, Walmart will take a break from special deals, giving shoppers a chance to take rest or visit other stores.
A variety of items from Goodyear tires to Singer Sewing Machine are tipped to go on sale at 5 a.m. Black Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements