Barack Obama’s Victory Picture Sets New Record on Facebook, Twitter [PHOTOS]
By greeshma m | November 8, 2012 8:38 PM EST
The photo, posted with a tag line "Four more years", showed Obama embracing his wife Michelle in a tight hug. The First Lady was pictured wearing a simple red-and-white checked dress with a blue waist belt. The photo was re-tweeted over 776,311 times and liked over 3,913,224 people on Facebook.
"This Barack Obama photo is the most-liked Facebook photo of all time," the social network announced Wednesday as quoted by the Agence France Press (AFP).
The picture appeared minutes after Obama's defeated Mitt Romney in the Presidential race on Wednesday. The photograph outpaced the record set by the singer Justin Bieber for his tribute to a follower who died of brain cancer. The emotional victory photograph posted by Obama was taken in August in Iowa, reported AFP.
In the recently concluded US elections, social networking sites served as best weapons for the campaign where millions of people came forth to debate on the latest issues plaguing the nation. Obama and his Republican challenger Romney stepped up the campaign on Facebook, Twitter and many other blogging and social networking sites to draw supporters and voters in favor of them.
"The most tweeted about event in U.S. political history," said Twitter spokeswoman Rachael Horwitz according to the Reuters.
"Twitter brought people closer to almost every aspect of the election this year," Horwitz added."From breaking news, to sharing the experience of watching the debates, to interacting directly with the candidates, Twitter became a kind of nationwide caucus."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2