KLM, Etihad Codeshare on Flights from Australia to Europe
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 8, 2012 6:10 PM EST
Abu Dhabi's flagship carrier Etihad Airways, which own 10 per cent of Virgin Australia, has entered into a codesharing agreement with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to offer Australians greater accessibility and flexibility as they visit and tour Europe and its scenic spots.
The two global airline carriers have introduced a new global partnership where passengers will be able to travel from Sydney to Abu Dhabi via Etihad, and then hook up to KLM's flights from the UAE capital to Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
"Through a range of partnerships, KLM now offers over 70 weekly codeshare connections from Australia to Europe. We are delighted from now on to provide new routing options to our customers, flying via Abu Dhabi, one of the fastest-growing air transport hubs in the world and an increasingly-important connection point for flights to Europe," Tom Reeves, Air France-KLM's Regional Manager for Australia & New Zealand, said in a statement.
The new codeshare seats are available for booking effective immediately for passengers and travel agents in Australia. Passengers can likewise secure seat allocation and check their luggage all the way through to their final destination in Europe.
Eithad, via flight KL3937, leaves Sydney at 15:55 every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and arrives into Abu Dhabi Airport at 23:40.
It connects with KLM flight KL438, departing at 01:45 from Abu Dhabi and arriving the next day at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport at 06:05.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Air Canada Expands Vancouver Boeing 787 Dreamliners To Beijing, Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo-Narita Routes
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports