KLM, Etihad Codeshare on Flights from Australia to Europe
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 8, 2012 6:10 PM EST
Abu Dhabi's flagship carrier Etihad Airways, which own 10 per cent of Virgin Australia, has entered into a codesharing agreement with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to offer Australians greater accessibility and flexibility as they visit and tour Europe and its scenic spots.
The two global airline carriers have introduced a new global partnership where passengers will be able to travel from Sydney to Abu Dhabi via Etihad, and then hook up to KLM's flights from the UAE capital to Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
"Through a range of partnerships, KLM now offers over 70 weekly codeshare connections from Australia to Europe. We are delighted from now on to provide new routing options to our customers, flying via Abu Dhabi, one of the fastest-growing air transport hubs in the world and an increasingly-important connection point for flights to Europe," Tom Reeves, Air France-KLM's Regional Manager for Australia & New Zealand, said in a statement.
The new codeshare seats are available for booking effective immediately for passengers and travel agents in Australia. Passengers can likewise secure seat allocation and check their luggage all the way through to their final destination in Europe.
Eithad, via flight KL3937, leaves Sydney at 15:55 every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and arrives into Abu Dhabi Airport at 23:40.
It connects with KLM flight KL438, departing at 01:45 from Abu Dhabi and arriving the next day at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport at 06:05.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- West Africa Ebola Epidemic To Last 12-18 Months More
- Security for Pope Francis' Albania Trip At Status Quo, Won’t Be Reinforced Despite ISIS Threat – Vatican
- Air France Pilots’ Strike: Only 40% of Scheduled Wednesday Flights Will Operate
- Venezuelans Using Made-in-China Silicones Because Of Breast Implant Shortage
- BC Teachers’ Strike Reaches Tentative Deal With Government, Date of Class Resumptions Still Not Sure
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect