KLM, Etihad Codeshare on Flights from Australia to Europe
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 8, 2012 6:10 PM EST
Abu Dhabi's flagship carrier Etihad Airways, which own 10 per cent of Virgin Australia, has entered into a codesharing agreement with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to offer Australians greater accessibility and flexibility as they visit and tour Europe and its scenic spots.
The two global airline carriers have introduced a new global partnership where passengers will be able to travel from Sydney to Abu Dhabi via Etihad, and then hook up to KLM's flights from the UAE capital to Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
"Through a range of partnerships, KLM now offers over 70 weekly codeshare connections from Australia to Europe. We are delighted from now on to provide new routing options to our customers, flying via Abu Dhabi, one of the fastest-growing air transport hubs in the world and an increasingly-important connection point for flights to Europe," Tom Reeves, Air France-KLM's Regional Manager for Australia & New Zealand, said in a statement.
The new codeshare seats are available for booking effective immediately for passengers and travel agents in Australia. Passengers can likewise secure seat allocation and check their luggage all the way through to their final destination in Europe.
Eithad, via flight KL3937, leaves Sydney at 15:55 every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and arrives into Abu Dhabi Airport at 23:40.
It connects with KLM flight KL438, departing at 01:45 from Abu Dhabi and arriving the next day at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport at 06:05.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy