KLM, Etihad Codeshare on Flights from Australia to Europe
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 8, 2012 6:10 PM EST
Abu Dhabi's flagship carrier Etihad Airways, which own 10 per cent of Virgin Australia, has entered into a codesharing agreement with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to offer Australians greater accessibility and flexibility as they visit and tour Europe and its scenic spots.
The two global airline carriers have introduced a new global partnership where passengers will be able to travel from Sydney to Abu Dhabi via Etihad, and then hook up to KLM's flights from the UAE capital to Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
"Through a range of partnerships, KLM now offers over 70 weekly codeshare connections from Australia to Europe. We are delighted from now on to provide new routing options to our customers, flying via Abu Dhabi, one of the fastest-growing air transport hubs in the world and an increasingly-important connection point for flights to Europe," Tom Reeves, Air France-KLM's Regional Manager for Australia & New Zealand, said in a statement.
The new codeshare seats are available for booking effective immediately for passengers and travel agents in Australia. Passengers can likewise secure seat allocation and check their luggage all the way through to their final destination in Europe.
Eithad, via flight KL3937, leaves Sydney at 15:55 every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and arrives into Abu Dhabi Airport at 23:40.
It connects with KLM flight KL438, departing at 01:45 from Abu Dhabi and arriving the next day at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport at 06:05.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Low Birth Rate May Be Due to Low Confidence in Economy
- Fears Of Infection Spread Prompt Some US Hospitals To Refuse Ebola Patients
- Readers Slam a Book Showing That US Wealth And Power Rests on Slave Labour
- LG G Watch R To Be Available Globally Starting With Europe, North America And Asia Through Retail Sites And Play Store
- Young Teen Fighter Says ISIS Uses Drugs On Suicide Bombers To Get Them Perform The Act
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS