iPhone 5 Delayed Shipping Due to Overwhelming Demand
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 8, 2012 4:08 PM EST
Apple's Chinese partner in production Foxxcon said that it is facing difficulties in keeping up with demand for iPhone 5.
Foxxconn's chief executive Terry Gou said in a statement that the company is lacking short in the production of Apple's smartphone. "It's not easy to make the iPhones. We are falling short of meeting the huge demand," Gou told reporters following a business forum, according to a Reuters report.
However, Gou did not specify what was halting the production in a talk with reporters at a Taipei conference, The Wall Street Journal reported. "Market demand is very strong, but we just can't really fulfill Apple's requests," Gou said.
Apple pulled the curtains on its latest smartphone, iPhone 5 and wowed many critics and audience in its media event that took place in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for Arts, and has the entire tech world watching to see the next generation iPhone.
iPhone 5 was launched last September 12 and rolled out its amazing specs such as the 4G/LTE connectivity, 4-inch screen display and new operating system. iPhone 5 offers the same storage variants, 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, and come with identical pricing of $199 to $399, depending on storage needs.
One of the problems plaguing the new iPhone is its aluminum rear plate, which is prone to chips and scratches because aluminum is a softer metal. Also of note: The iPhone 5 is the first iPhone to have the touch panel integrated with the display components known as the in-cell display. Produced solely by LG Display to start with, this new Retina Display panel has definitely been a bottleneck for iPhone production.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date