iPhone 5 Delayed Shipping Due to Overwhelming Demand
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 8, 2012 4:08 PM EST
Apple's Chinese partner in production Foxxcon said that it is facing difficulties in keeping up with demand for iPhone 5.
Foxxconn's chief executive Terry Gou said in a statement that the company is lacking short in the production of Apple's smartphone. "It's not easy to make the iPhones. We are falling short of meeting the huge demand," Gou told reporters following a business forum, according to a Reuters report.
However, Gou did not specify what was halting the production in a talk with reporters at a Taipei conference, The Wall Street Journal reported. "Market demand is very strong, but we just can't really fulfill Apple's requests," Gou said.
Apple pulled the curtains on its latest smartphone, iPhone 5 and wowed many critics and audience in its media event that took place in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for Arts, and has the entire tech world watching to see the next generation iPhone.
iPhone 5 was launched last September 12 and rolled out its amazing specs such as the 4G/LTE connectivity, 4-inch screen display and new operating system. iPhone 5 offers the same storage variants, 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, and come with identical pricing of $199 to $399, depending on storage needs.
One of the problems plaguing the new iPhone is its aluminum rear plate, which is prone to chips and scratches because aluminum is a softer metal. Also of note: The iPhone 5 is the first iPhone to have the touch panel integrated with the display components known as the in-cell display. Produced solely by LG Display to start with, this new Retina Display panel has definitely been a bottleneck for iPhone production.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan