iPhone 5 Delayed Shipping Due to Overwhelming Demand
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 8, 2012 4:08 PM EST
Apple's Chinese partner in production Foxxcon said that it is facing difficulties in keeping up with demand for iPhone 5.
Foxxconn's chief executive Terry Gou said in a statement that the company is lacking short in the production of Apple's smartphone. "It's not easy to make the iPhones. We are falling short of meeting the huge demand," Gou told reporters following a business forum, according to a Reuters report.
However, Gou did not specify what was halting the production in a talk with reporters at a Taipei conference, The Wall Street Journal reported. "Market demand is very strong, but we just can't really fulfill Apple's requests," Gou said.
Apple pulled the curtains on its latest smartphone, iPhone 5 and wowed many critics and audience in its media event that took place in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for Arts, and has the entire tech world watching to see the next generation iPhone.
iPhone 5 was launched last September 12 and rolled out its amazing specs such as the 4G/LTE connectivity, 4-inch screen display and new operating system. iPhone 5 offers the same storage variants, 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, and come with identical pricing of $199 to $399, depending on storage needs.
One of the problems plaguing the new iPhone is its aluminum rear plate, which is prone to chips and scratches because aluminum is a softer metal. Also of note: The iPhone 5 is the first iPhone to have the touch panel integrated with the display components known as the in-cell display. Produced solely by LG Display to start with, this new Retina Display panel has definitely been a bottleneck for iPhone production.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged