iPhone 5 Delayed Shipping Due to Overwhelming Demand
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 8, 2012 4:08 PM EST
Apple's Chinese partner in production Foxxcon said that it is facing difficulties in keeping up with demand for iPhone 5.
Foxxconn's chief executive Terry Gou said in a statement that the company is lacking short in the production of Apple's smartphone. "It's not easy to make the iPhones. We are falling short of meeting the huge demand," Gou told reporters following a business forum, according to a Reuters report.
However, Gou did not specify what was halting the production in a talk with reporters at a Taipei conference, The Wall Street Journal reported. "Market demand is very strong, but we just can't really fulfill Apple's requests," Gou said.
Apple pulled the curtains on its latest smartphone, iPhone 5 and wowed many critics and audience in its media event that took place in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for Arts, and has the entire tech world watching to see the next generation iPhone.
iPhone 5 was launched last September 12 and rolled out its amazing specs such as the 4G/LTE connectivity, 4-inch screen display and new operating system. iPhone 5 offers the same storage variants, 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, and come with identical pricing of $199 to $399, depending on storage needs.
One of the problems plaguing the new iPhone is its aluminum rear plate, which is prone to chips and scratches because aluminum is a softer metal. Also of note: The iPhone 5 is the first iPhone to have the touch panel integrated with the display components known as the in-cell display. Produced solely by LG Display to start with, this new Retina Display panel has definitely been a bottleneck for iPhone production.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight