Prince Charles and Camilla’s Royal but Fun Visit to Adelaide
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 8, 2012 3:36 PM EST
The Royal couple Prince Charles and Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall may have experienced a brief visit to Adelaide but they undoubtedly had fun meeting people, ate delicious food and admired the beautiful surroundings. The trip was part of the year-long celebrations of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee.
At 1:40pm, Prince Charles and Camilla arrived in Adelaide then immediately went to Kilkenny Primary School to meet the students. Inside the school premises, the couple stopped by for a while at a fire pit where barramundi was cooked by an Aboriginal couple. "It's quite a big one, is it cooked?" Prince Charles asked before he inquired about the children's cooking skills. Meanwhile, the Duchess of Cornwall had a chat with a promising cook named Jake at the school kitchen. "She's extremely polite, she spoke in a very posh voice and she smelt nice," Jake shared.
For their next stop on the Royal tour, Prince Charles and Camilla experienced fine dining at the Penfold's Magill Estate restaurant. Then, the couple took a look around the vineyards with the winemaker, Peter Gago where they were able to taste an exquisite glass of the 1962 Coonawarra Cabernet Kalimna Shiraz wine. Also, the Royal couple got simple pleasure from a Tim Tam. Afterwards, Prince Charles and Camilla enthralled a patiently waiting public at the River Torrens.
On a more serious note during the trip, Prince Charles met with industry leaders at the Adelaide Convention Centre. Premier Jay Weatherill ensured that the nearby construction of the Royal Adelaide Hospital will be brought to Prince Charles' attention.
Chief Executive Richard Turner of Zen Energy Systems was among the privileged innovators selected to showcase the technology to Prince Charles who has a particular curiosity on renewable energies. When Turner told Prince Charles that "the technology had advanced so much you could actually take one of the royal palaces off the electricity grid and run it on solar energy," Turner revealed that the Prince was truly impressed.
To wrap up their brief visit, Prince Charles and Camilla attended a garden party at the Government House with 500 people where most of them are volunteers. Then, the Royal couple finally headed back to the airport and boarded on a plane. Their next destination? Canberra.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28