Prince Charles and Camilla’s Royal but Fun Visit to Adelaide
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 8, 2012 3:36 PM EST
The Royal couple Prince Charles and Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall may have experienced a brief visit to Adelaide but they undoubtedly had fun meeting people, ate delicious food and admired the beautiful surroundings. The trip was part of the year-long celebrations of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee.
At 1:40pm, Prince Charles and Camilla arrived in Adelaide then immediately went to Kilkenny Primary School to meet the students. Inside the school premises, the couple stopped by for a while at a fire pit where barramundi was cooked by an Aboriginal couple. "It's quite a big one, is it cooked?" Prince Charles asked before he inquired about the children's cooking skills. Meanwhile, the Duchess of Cornwall had a chat with a promising cook named Jake at the school kitchen. "She's extremely polite, she spoke in a very posh voice and she smelt nice," Jake shared.
For their next stop on the Royal tour, Prince Charles and Camilla experienced fine dining at the Penfold's Magill Estate restaurant. Then, the couple took a look around the vineyards with the winemaker, Peter Gago where they were able to taste an exquisite glass of the 1962 Coonawarra Cabernet Kalimna Shiraz wine. Also, the Royal couple got simple pleasure from a Tim Tam. Afterwards, Prince Charles and Camilla enthralled a patiently waiting public at the River Torrens.
On a more serious note during the trip, Prince Charles met with industry leaders at the Adelaide Convention Centre. Premier Jay Weatherill ensured that the nearby construction of the Royal Adelaide Hospital will be brought to Prince Charles' attention.
Chief Executive Richard Turner of Zen Energy Systems was among the privileged innovators selected to showcase the technology to Prince Charles who has a particular curiosity on renewable energies. When Turner told Prince Charles that "the technology had advanced so much you could actually take one of the royal palaces off the electricity grid and run it on solar energy," Turner revealed that the Prince was truly impressed.
To wrap up their brief visit, Prince Charles and Camilla attended a garden party at the Government House with 500 people where most of them are volunteers. Then, the Royal couple finally headed back to the airport and boarded on a plane. Their next destination? Canberra.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510