Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 Sold More Than iPhone 5
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 8, 2012 1:42 PM EST
Tech giant Apple may be a little surprised to hear that Samsung seems to be undisturbed by the release of its products and to know that the Android smartphones are now on the lead in the market. Samsung recently announced via Twitter that it had sold more than 30 million units of the Samsung Galaxy S3 since they released the handset just 5 months ago. This news has meant that the Galaxy S3 is one of the best-selling devices in the world.
Samsung also announced that it has sold more than 3 million Samsung Galaxy Note 2 units in just over a month. The device sold faster than its predecessor.
This is countered by Apple's announcement that it has sold three million iPads in just three days since the launch of its new iPad mini and fourth generation iPad. The sales doubled the previous first weekend milestone of 1.5 million Wi-Fi only models sold for the third generation iPad in March.
The Wi-Fi + Cellular versions of both iPad mini and fourth generation iPad will ship in a few weeks in the US, Australia and many more countries later this year. There is also a report that Apple cannot keep up with the demand of the iPhone 5.
One thing that will shock Apple and its consumers is the fact that the sales of Samsung grew by 15 percent when Apple revealed their iPhone 5. This is backed up by the statistics revealed by IDC, which has shown us that Samsung is taking over the smartphone market as they have a share of 56.3 percent, while Apple is trailing behind with just 26.9 percent.
Although Apple proved to be innovators of hardware in the market, recent trend has shown us that the iPhone is struggling to compete with other phones on Android when it comes to bringing the latest technologies first.
Trends have also shown up to suggest that while Apple was once the leaders; their share in the market has slid from 59.7 percent last year to 50.4 percent this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery