iPad vs Galaxy Note: Another Battle Between Giants Apple and Samsung
By Vittorio Hernandez | November 8, 2012 11:23 AM EST
An upcoming new tablet device from Apple is the iPad 4. Equipped with more power and hardware than its predecessor, iPad 4 will surely cause its fan to drool to add to their collection of Apple device.
iPad 4 has been compared with iPad 3 and many say it is better than the previous version.
But the iPad device isn't going to compete with just its kind, but with its the strongest opponent, devices under the Android Project made by the South Korean tech firm.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 was released in August and has received many positive comments due to the combined technology of the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note into one single powerful device.
Apple and Samsung have been battling across the market and in legal matters to prove which is winner, iOS or the Android OS. However, the real winner is determined by sales of its devices, including new releases.
iOS offers technology exclusively
- Retina display is the high resolution liquid crystal display technology used by Apple to its devices like iPhone, iPod, and Macbook Pro. Apple said iPad 4 will be twice as stunning and faster than iPad 3, although tests indicated the iPad 4 is only slightly faster than iPad 3, which experts said is not enough reason for owners of iPad 3 not to immediately ditch their units for an upgrade.
- A6X chip is a new hardware component inside iPad which is twice fast than A5X generation chip. It will double the graphics performance but hardly affect battery life which is a potential improvement to the next iPad.
- So far there are around 275,000 applications which can be downloaded by the user to his/her iPad 4. The more, the merrier.
- Wi-Fi and cellular data connection improves with Retina display. Twice faster and more data networks available.
- Exclusive application like iMovie, FaceTime, Siri, and the iCloud are all accessible with the iPad.
Powerful Android, Powerful Galaxy
Android OS made a name of its own in the world of mobile devices and became the greatest competition of iOS devices. Samsung uses Android to most of its smart phone and has added more features to create Galaxy trademark units. Galaxy Note 10.1 is a combination of features from the Galaxy Tab line up and Galaxy Note unit which is a hybrid of a tab and a phone.
- Multitasking is made easier with Galaxy Note 10.1 which allows user to split the screen into two different application or activity. An example is watching a lecture video on the left side while a notepad on the right to copy notes.
- S Pen hardware component is added for efficient uses of certain applications and special features for live editing and presentations.
- S Note allows the user to create an owned story by simply selecting templates installed.
- During drawing of figures, Shape Match makes the figures match up by correcting the lines and shapes for neat and correct appearance.
- Adobe Photoshop touch is accessible in the Galaxy Note 10.1 plus with the S Pen, image editing becomes so simple.
- Channel Bonding is a feature that boosts wireless data transmission rates by using two bonded channels instead of the ordinary single connection.
The Device Comparison