Samsung Galaxy S3 Sold for Less Than $1?: Where to Buy
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 8, 2012 9:55 AM EST
This is probably the best time for US consumers to buy their smartphone since Christmas deals are starting now available, especially on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. One of the great news is that you can buy Samsung Galaxy S3 for a dollar.
Sam's Club is to offer the Samsung Galaxy S3 for under a dollar on a two-year contract. The device will be sold for only 0.96 cents on November 23 as an 'in-club' only deal. This offer from Sam's Club was made through Android Authority, which has posted an ad with some Android devices for November 23.
Consumers can purchase the 16GB version of the device and it comes in white or blue color options.
The US variants of this phone feature a 1.5GHz Qualcomm dual-core processor, 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with resolution of 1280 x 720, 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32GB of internal storage depending on carrier and expandable to 64GB, an 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video capture and 1.9-megapixel front-facing shooter.
The Galaxy S3 also features a 2100mAh battery, NFC and 4G LTE support. The device was released with Ice Cream Sandwich OS but the Jelly Bean update is already rolling out.
There is a rumor though that Samsung Galaxy S3 will be one of the first devices that will receive an Androidv4.2 Jelly Bean update. However, the update may arrive either in December or on the first quarter of 2013. Currently, consumers may enjoy the perks of the Androidv4.1 version.
Other US companies will also offer great deals for the device on Black Friday. One can pick up the 16GB Galaxy S3 for $99.99 through Amazon Wireless. This price only applies to AT&T and Sprint customers, and requires a two-year contract along with the purchase.
Verizon customers can pick one up for $149.99 with a two-year contract. Not as great as the Sam's Club deal, but still better than paying the full $199.99 for the smartphone, and you can order one now without having to wait for Black Friday.
Best Buy will be offering a great Galaxy S3 deal for Sprint users. Starting at 12 a.m. on Black Friday, Best Buy will be selling the Sprint Galaxy S3 for $48. That's a savings of $151.99.
In Australia, Samsung Galaxy S3 is currently available in Samsung Store in Sydney and through various networks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James