Scarlett Johansson's New 'Lucky You' Tattoo Draws Criticism Online
By IBTimes Staff Reports | November 8, 2012 8:29 AM EST
Scarlett Johansson, star of the upcoming film “Hitchcock,” has been showing off her new tattoo online, but not everyone is happy with it.
Johansson’s new tattoo, which features a crudely drawn horseshoe, a few stars, and the phrase “Lucky You,” has come under a surprising amount of fire from celebrity gossip blogs. However, while plenty of critics are asking if Johansson got the tattoo as a mistake or if the artist was drunk or incompetent, it seems the crude horseshoe was completely intentional.
Johansson received the tattoo from Fuzi Ubtpk, a Parisian artist who specializes in street and and tattoo design. Fuzi specializes in a self-described “ignorant style” that ditches traditionally well-composed designs for bold, captivating illustrations.
Fuzi’s website describes his “ignorant style” as “an ironic twist and self-confident assertion” featuring “direct black lines with devastating punch lines.” We’re not exactly sure what the devastating punchline is for Johansson’s “Lucky You” tattoo, but there’s got to be some sort of personal meaning for the 27-year-old actress.
Of course, this isn’t the first of Johansson’s tattoos. The actress also has an “I Heart NY” charm bracelet tattoo on her wrist, a sunrise on her forearm, and two circles with the letter A on her ankle.
If you’re excited to see more of Johansson on the big screen instead of in the gossip blogs, get ready for “Hitchcock” to hit theaters on November 23. The biopic stars Anthony Hopkins as classic director Alfred Hitchcock and Helen Miren as Alma Reville, his wife and collaborator.
Johansson also stars as Janet Leigh, the star of Hitchcock’s classic film “Psycho.” Most of “Hitchcock” revolves around the tumultuous production of the classic film, so get ready to see a lot of Johansson screaming in showers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight