Obama’s Victory Ensures “Four More Years” of Gold-Friendly Policies
By jturbin | November 8, 2012 8:21 AM EST
The outcome of yesterday’s U.S. election is likely to produce “the best of all possible world’s for gold investors,” according to Jeffrey Nichols, Managing Director of American Precious Metals Advisors.
In his latest commentary, Nichols – who has been correctly bullish on gold for the better part of the past decade – argued that President Obama’s re-election, coupled with a Democrat majority in the Senate and a Republican majority in the House, will lead to “four more years of recession-like economic activity or worse, four more years of fiscal gridlock with annual trillion-dollar federal deficits.”
“Most importantly for gold-price prospects,” Nichols added, “four more years of accommodative Federal Reserve monetary policies.
(Check out GoldAlert Pro – http://pro.goldalert.com – for more analysis and predictions on the price of gold)
He went on to say that “With the election now behind us, the market’s short-term attention will re-focus on possible Federal Reserve policy initiatives that may be discussed or even initiated at the December 12th FOMC policy-setting meeting. There is already talk of further quantitative easing, expectations of which could soon become a strong up-side price driver.”
As for the prospects of a new Fed chairman – as Ben Bernanke is not expected to seek another term when his current one ends in 2014 – Nichols asserted that Obama is very likely to appoint another ultra-dovish individual to the head of the central bank.
Nichols concluded by writing that “These and other positive price drivers and physical market fundamentals could form a ‘perfect storm’ for gold in the closing weeks of 2012 – and, quite possibly, we could see the metal approach or even surpass its record high by year-end or early 2013.”
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Worldwide Appetite for Gold Slumps 16% in 2Q 2014 – WGC
- Gold in China: 127-Tonne Gold Reserves Tapped in Xinjiang
- Global Markets Overview – July 15, 2014
- Honduran Gold Mine Caves in; 8 Rescued, 3 Remain Trapped (PHOTOS)
- Chinese Govt Tightens Control on Gold to Curb Imports, Could Drop 400T from 2013 – Report
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown