Liverpool Dealt Blow In €21m Spanish Playmaker Chase
By Vanessa Keller | November 8, 2012 8:04 AM EST
Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Spanish ace Isco, with Malaga general manager Vicente Casado claiming that the star is happy at his current club.
Isco has starred for Malaga since leaving Valencia for the club in 2011, and though the Spanish outfit have seen financial troubles since he made his move, he has been part of one of the first sides to qualify for the next round of the Champions League this season, and they are currently fifth in the La Liga table as well.
Liverpool have reportedly been chasing the 20 year old, as they look to build on their attacking options, but Casado insists that Isco is happy at his current club and won't be looking to move anywhere.
"Isco? There is a clause of €21m, but the guy is very happy to be in Malaga, he is a son of our city," Casado told Sky Italia.
"He is a player who is 'in fashion' and courted by many teams, but for now he is happy with us."
Liverpool are getting ready for an extremely busy January transfer window, with Brendan Rodgers making it clear that he will be looking to add to the squad in that month.
A failure to land a striker in the summer to compliment Luis Suarez besides Fabio Borini, who has been disappointing so far and suffered from injury setbacks, has made things very difficult for the Merseyside club as they look to challenge for a Champions League spot once more.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales