Liverpool Dealt Blow In €21m Spanish Playmaker Chase
By Vanessa Keller | November 8, 2012 8:04 AM EST
Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Spanish ace Isco, with Malaga general manager Vicente Casado claiming that the star is happy at his current club.
Isco has starred for Malaga since leaving Valencia for the club in 2011, and though the Spanish outfit have seen financial troubles since he made his move, he has been part of one of the first sides to qualify for the next round of the Champions League this season, and they are currently fifth in the La Liga table as well.
Liverpool have reportedly been chasing the 20 year old, as they look to build on their attacking options, but Casado insists that Isco is happy at his current club and won't be looking to move anywhere.
"Isco? There is a clause of €21m, but the guy is very happy to be in Malaga, he is a son of our city," Casado told Sky Italia.
"He is a player who is 'in fashion' and courted by many teams, but for now he is happy with us."
Liverpool are getting ready for an extremely busy January transfer window, with Brendan Rodgers making it clear that he will be looking to add to the squad in that month.
A failure to land a striker in the summer to compliment Luis Suarez besides Fabio Borini, who has been disappointing so far and suffered from injury setbacks, has made things very difficult for the Merseyside club as they look to challenge for a Champions League spot once more.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet