Liverpool Dealt Blow In €21m Spanish Playmaker Chase
By Vanessa Keller | November 8, 2012 8:04 AM EST
Liverpool have been dealt a blow in their pursuit of Spanish ace Isco, with Malaga general manager Vicente Casado claiming that the star is happy at his current club.
Isco has starred for Malaga since leaving Valencia for the club in 2011, and though the Spanish outfit have seen financial troubles since he made his move, he has been part of one of the first sides to qualify for the next round of the Champions League this season, and they are currently fifth in the La Liga table as well.
Liverpool have reportedly been chasing the 20 year old, as they look to build on their attacking options, but Casado insists that Isco is happy at his current club and won't be looking to move anywhere.
"Isco? There is a clause of €21m, but the guy is very happy to be in Malaga, he is a son of our city," Casado told Sky Italia.
"He is a player who is 'in fashion' and courted by many teams, but for now he is happy with us."
Liverpool are getting ready for an extremely busy January transfer window, with Brendan Rodgers making it clear that he will be looking to add to the squad in that month.
A failure to land a striker in the summer to compliment Luis Suarez besides Fabio Borini, who has been disappointing so far and suffered from injury setbacks, has made things very difficult for the Merseyside club as they look to challenge for a Champions League spot once more.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand