Carlyle pulls out of takeover talks with Chemring
November 8, 2012 5:28 AM EST
Carlyle did not give a reason for ending the talks but its announcement followed two profit warnings from Chemring in less than three months as a result of contract and production delays and technical problems with one of its products.
The shares dropped 9 percent on October 23 after the company replaced Chief Executive David Price with Mark Papworth, widely regarded as a turnaround specialist.
The appointment indicated Chemring was preparing for life as an independent company, raising doubts about the Carlyle deal going ahead.
Carlyle could not be immediately reached for comment and Chemring declined to comment.
Chemring, a maker of flares and explosive device detectors, disclosed in August that it had received a preliminary expression of interest from Carlyle.
Carlyle originally had until September 14 to make a firm bid but that deadline was extended twice after the UK Takeover Panel agreed to give the companies more time to hammer out a deal.
(Reporting by Abhishek Takle in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate