Carlyle pulls out of takeover talks with Chemring
November 8, 2012 5:28 AM EST
Carlyle did not give a reason for ending the talks but its announcement followed two profit warnings from Chemring in less than three months as a result of contract and production delays and technical problems with one of its products.
The shares dropped 9 percent on October 23 after the company replaced Chief Executive David Price with Mark Papworth, widely regarded as a turnaround specialist.
The appointment indicated Chemring was preparing for life as an independent company, raising doubts about the Carlyle deal going ahead.
Carlyle could not be immediately reached for comment and Chemring declined to comment.
Chemring, a maker of flares and explosive device detectors, disclosed in August that it had received a preliminary expression of interest from Carlyle.
Carlyle originally had until September 14 to make a firm bid but that deadline was extended twice after the UK Takeover Panel agreed to give the companies more time to hammer out a deal.
(Reporting by Abhishek Takle in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales