Carlyle pulls out of takeover talks with Chemring
November 8, 2012 5:28 AM EST
Carlyle did not give a reason for ending the talks but its announcement followed two profit warnings from Chemring in less than three months as a result of contract and production delays and technical problems with one of its products.
The shares dropped 9 percent on October 23 after the company replaced Chief Executive David Price with Mark Papworth, widely regarded as a turnaround specialist.
The appointment indicated Chemring was preparing for life as an independent company, raising doubts about the Carlyle deal going ahead.
Carlyle could not be immediately reached for comment and Chemring declined to comment.
Chemring, a maker of flares and explosive device detectors, disclosed in August that it had received a preliminary expression of interest from Carlyle.
Carlyle originally had until September 14 to make a firm bid but that deadline was extended twice after the UK Takeover Panel agreed to give the companies more time to hammer out a deal.
(Reporting by Abhishek Takle in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge