Carlyle pulls out of takeover talks with Chemring
November 8, 2012 5:28 AM EST
Carlyle did not give a reason for ending the talks but its announcement followed two profit warnings from Chemring in less than three months as a result of contract and production delays and technical problems with one of its products.
The shares dropped 9 percent on October 23 after the company replaced Chief Executive David Price with Mark Papworth, widely regarded as a turnaround specialist.
The appointment indicated Chemring was preparing for life as an independent company, raising doubts about the Carlyle deal going ahead.
Carlyle could not be immediately reached for comment and Chemring declined to comment.
Chemring, a maker of flares and explosive device detectors, disclosed in August that it had received a preliminary expression of interest from Carlyle.
Carlyle originally had until September 14 to make a firm bid but that deadline was extended twice after the UK Takeover Panel agreed to give the companies more time to hammer out a deal.
(Reporting by Abhishek Takle in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display