Revealed: How Chelsea Misfit Was Locked Out of Training
By Nick Howson | November 8, 2012 5:00 AM EST
Chelsea winger Florent Malouda was banished to youth team training sessions after being locked out of first-team training by club officials.
The Frenchman hasn't featured for The Blues this season and posted a picture on Twitter of the club's Under-21 training quarters earlier in the season.
And his agent, Stephane Renaud, says while the 32 year old is currently in great shape, he had no choice but to training with the youth side after being locked out of first-team training by Chelsea officials.
"He is in exceptional fitness, I can assure you," Renaud told France Football. "He does his job the best he can, working hard and having rest. He needed that after the last few seasons with 60 matches.
"The only problem is he doesn't play. He has one year remaining on his contract.
"When I go to his home, his wife and children are very happy. They can see him more often.
"He is far from wanting to stop his career. He remains very motivated and hopes for a last great challenge."
"I won't exaggerate and pretend he is living a dream. To be forced to stop is not a blessing, but he has taken advantage of it with his physical work and honestly I have rarely seen him so fit.
"Is he upset to be training with the youngsters' team? Not at all! He asked for it when the officials locked the door of the professional training sessions."
Malouda hasn't played for Chelsea since May, amid the signing of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin in the summer.
The France international is in the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge, and appears unlikely to earn an extension in his final year, instead hoping to earn a move away either during the January transfer window or as a free agent next summer.
Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa were all released in the summer after their contracts expired, but with Malouda having little involvement thus far this term, it appears unlikely he will stay at Chelsea much beyond the New Year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues