Revealed: How Chelsea Misfit Was Locked Out of Training
By Nick Howson | November 8, 2012 5:00 AM EST
Chelsea winger Florent Malouda was banished to youth team training sessions after being locked out of first-team training by club officials.
The Frenchman hasn't featured for The Blues this season and posted a picture on Twitter of the club's Under-21 training quarters earlier in the season.
And his agent, Stephane Renaud, says while the 32 year old is currently in great shape, he had no choice but to training with the youth side after being locked out of first-team training by Chelsea officials.
"He is in exceptional fitness, I can assure you," Renaud told France Football. "He does his job the best he can, working hard and having rest. He needed that after the last few seasons with 60 matches.
"The only problem is he doesn't play. He has one year remaining on his contract.
"When I go to his home, his wife and children are very happy. They can see him more often.
"He is far from wanting to stop his career. He remains very motivated and hopes for a last great challenge."
"I won't exaggerate and pretend he is living a dream. To be forced to stop is not a blessing, but he has taken advantage of it with his physical work and honestly I have rarely seen him so fit.
"Is he upset to be training with the youngsters' team? Not at all! He asked for it when the officials locked the door of the professional training sessions."
Malouda hasn't played for Chelsea since May, amid the signing of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin in the summer.
The France international is in the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge, and appears unlikely to earn an extension in his final year, instead hoping to earn a move away either during the January transfer window or as a free agent next summer.
Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa were all released in the summer after their contracts expired, but with Malouda having little involvement thus far this term, it appears unlikely he will stay at Chelsea much beyond the New Year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports