Revealed: How Chelsea Misfit Was Locked Out of Training
By Nick Howson | November 8, 2012 5:00 AM EST
Chelsea winger Florent Malouda was banished to youth team training sessions after being locked out of first-team training by club officials.
The Frenchman hasn't featured for The Blues this season and posted a picture on Twitter of the club's Under-21 training quarters earlier in the season.
And his agent, Stephane Renaud, says while the 32 year old is currently in great shape, he had no choice but to training with the youth side after being locked out of first-team training by Chelsea officials.
"He is in exceptional fitness, I can assure you," Renaud told France Football. "He does his job the best he can, working hard and having rest. He needed that after the last few seasons with 60 matches.
"The only problem is he doesn't play. He has one year remaining on his contract.
"When I go to his home, his wife and children are very happy. They can see him more often.
"He is far from wanting to stop his career. He remains very motivated and hopes for a last great challenge."
"I won't exaggerate and pretend he is living a dream. To be forced to stop is not a blessing, but he has taken advantage of it with his physical work and honestly I have rarely seen him so fit.
"Is he upset to be training with the youngsters' team? Not at all! He asked for it when the officials locked the door of the professional training sessions."
Malouda hasn't played for Chelsea since May, amid the signing of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin in the summer.
The France international is in the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge, and appears unlikely to earn an extension in his final year, instead hoping to earn a move away either during the January transfer window or as a free agent next summer.
Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa were all released in the summer after their contracts expired, but with Malouda having little involvement thus far this term, it appears unlikely he will stay at Chelsea much beyond the New Year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’