Revealed: How Chelsea Misfit Was Locked Out of Training
By Nick Howson | November 8, 2012 5:00 AM EST
Chelsea winger Florent Malouda was banished to youth team training sessions after being locked out of first-team training by club officials.
The Frenchman hasn't featured for The Blues this season and posted a picture on Twitter of the club's Under-21 training quarters earlier in the season.
And his agent, Stephane Renaud, says while the 32 year old is currently in great shape, he had no choice but to training with the youth side after being locked out of first-team training by Chelsea officials.
"He is in exceptional fitness, I can assure you," Renaud told France Football. "He does his job the best he can, working hard and having rest. He needed that after the last few seasons with 60 matches.
"The only problem is he doesn't play. He has one year remaining on his contract.
"When I go to his home, his wife and children are very happy. They can see him more often.
"He is far from wanting to stop his career. He remains very motivated and hopes for a last great challenge."
"I won't exaggerate and pretend he is living a dream. To be forced to stop is not a blessing, but he has taken advantage of it with his physical work and honestly I have rarely seen him so fit.
"Is he upset to be training with the youngsters' team? Not at all! He asked for it when the officials locked the door of the professional training sessions."
Malouda hasn't played for Chelsea since May, amid the signing of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin in the summer.
The France international is in the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge, and appears unlikely to earn an extension in his final year, instead hoping to earn a move away either during the January transfer window or as a free agent next summer.
Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa were all released in the summer after their contracts expired, but with Malouda having little involvement thus far this term, it appears unlikely he will stay at Chelsea much beyond the New Year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28