Rapper Lil Wayne Loses $2.2 million in Quincy Jones III Film Court Case
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2012 2:53 AM EST
He was the one that filed the multimillion dollar lawsuit against Qunicy Jones III over The Carter documentary, but it looks like it is Lil Wayne who has been left out of pocket.
According to TMZ, the rapper has had his suit thrown out and to add salt to the wound - he is being forced to pay Jones $2,195,000 (£1,372,217) after the producer won his countersuit.
In court documents obtained by the gossip site, Lil Wayne, real name Dwayne Carter, was ordered to the hefty sum after the court ruled that he blocked the release of his film, The Carter, therefore infringing on its profits.
The 30-year-old Lollipop hit maker originally sued Jones (son of the legendary music producer) over the director's "scandalous portrayal" of him in The Carter, an unauthorised 2009 documentary the artist's life. He also accused Jones of using unlicensed music from his 2008 album, The Carter 3.
Last month a video of the father-of-four mocking official's questions and mocking proceedings in the disposition went viral after it leaked online.
It was later reported that the stunt had a negative impact on his case.
It has not been a good couple of months for the Young Money boss. He was rushed to hospital last month after suffering seizure-like symptoms on board his private jet and also had to push back the release date of his forthcoming "I Am Not a Human Being 2" album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports