Rapper Lil Wayne Loses $2.2 million in Quincy Jones III Film Court Case
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2012 2:53 AM EST
He was the one that filed the multimillion dollar lawsuit against Qunicy Jones III over The Carter documentary, but it looks like it is Lil Wayne who has been left out of pocket.
According to TMZ, the rapper has had his suit thrown out and to add salt to the wound - he is being forced to pay Jones $2,195,000 (£1,372,217) after the producer won his countersuit.
In court documents obtained by the gossip site, Lil Wayne, real name Dwayne Carter, was ordered to the hefty sum after the court ruled that he blocked the release of his film, The Carter, therefore infringing on its profits.
The 30-year-old Lollipop hit maker originally sued Jones (son of the legendary music producer) over the director's "scandalous portrayal" of him in The Carter, an unauthorised 2009 documentary the artist's life. He also accused Jones of using unlicensed music from his 2008 album, The Carter 3.
Last month a video of the father-of-four mocking official's questions and mocking proceedings in the disposition went viral after it leaked online.
It was later reported that the stunt had a negative impact on his case.
It has not been a good couple of months for the Young Money boss. He was rushed to hospital last month after suffering seizure-like symptoms on board his private jet and also had to push back the release date of his forthcoming "I Am Not a Human Being 2" album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]