Rapper Lil Wayne Loses $2.2 million in Quincy Jones III Film Court Case
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2012 2:53 AM EST
He was the one that filed the multimillion dollar lawsuit against Qunicy Jones III over The Carter documentary, but it looks like it is Lil Wayne who has been left out of pocket.
According to TMZ, the rapper has had his suit thrown out and to add salt to the wound - he is being forced to pay Jones $2,195,000 (£1,372,217) after the producer won his countersuit.
In court documents obtained by the gossip site, Lil Wayne, real name Dwayne Carter, was ordered to the hefty sum after the court ruled that he blocked the release of his film, The Carter, therefore infringing on its profits.
The 30-year-old Lollipop hit maker originally sued Jones (son of the legendary music producer) over the director's "scandalous portrayal" of him in The Carter, an unauthorised 2009 documentary the artist's life. He also accused Jones of using unlicensed music from his 2008 album, The Carter 3.
Last month a video of the father-of-four mocking official's questions and mocking proceedings in the disposition went viral after it leaked online.
It was later reported that the stunt had a negative impact on his case.
It has not been a good couple of months for the Young Money boss. He was rushed to hospital last month after suffering seizure-like symptoms on board his private jet and also had to push back the release date of his forthcoming "I Am Not a Human Being 2" album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans