Rapper Lil Wayne Loses $2.2 million in Quincy Jones III Film Court Case
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2012 2:53 AM EST
He was the one that filed the multimillion dollar lawsuit against Qunicy Jones III over The Carter documentary, but it looks like it is Lil Wayne who has been left out of pocket.
According to TMZ, the rapper has had his suit thrown out and to add salt to the wound - he is being forced to pay Jones $2,195,000 (£1,372,217) after the producer won his countersuit.
In court documents obtained by the gossip site, Lil Wayne, real name Dwayne Carter, was ordered to the hefty sum after the court ruled that he blocked the release of his film, The Carter, therefore infringing on its profits.
The 30-year-old Lollipop hit maker originally sued Jones (son of the legendary music producer) over the director's "scandalous portrayal" of him in The Carter, an unauthorised 2009 documentary the artist's life. He also accused Jones of using unlicensed music from his 2008 album, The Carter 3.
Last month a video of the father-of-four mocking official's questions and mocking proceedings in the disposition went viral after it leaked online.
It was later reported that the stunt had a negative impact on his case.
It has not been a good couple of months for the Young Money boss. He was rushed to hospital last month after suffering seizure-like symptoms on board his private jet and also had to push back the release date of his forthcoming "I Am Not a Human Being 2" album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia