Rapper Lil Wayne Loses $2.2 million in Quincy Jones III Film Court Case
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2012 2:53 AM EST
He was the one that filed the multimillion dollar lawsuit against Qunicy Jones III over The Carter documentary, but it looks like it is Lil Wayne who has been left out of pocket.
According to TMZ, the rapper has had his suit thrown out and to add salt to the wound - he is being forced to pay Jones $2,195,000 (£1,372,217) after the producer won his countersuit.
In court documents obtained by the gossip site, Lil Wayne, real name Dwayne Carter, was ordered to the hefty sum after the court ruled that he blocked the release of his film, The Carter, therefore infringing on its profits.
The 30-year-old Lollipop hit maker originally sued Jones (son of the legendary music producer) over the director's "scandalous portrayal" of him in The Carter, an unauthorised 2009 documentary the artist's life. He also accused Jones of using unlicensed music from his 2008 album, The Carter 3.
Last month a video of the father-of-four mocking official's questions and mocking proceedings in the disposition went viral after it leaked online.
It was later reported that the stunt had a negative impact on his case.
It has not been a good couple of months for the Young Money boss. He was rushed to hospital last month after suffering seizure-like symptoms on board his private jet and also had to push back the release date of his forthcoming "I Am Not a Human Being 2" album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0