Bob Dylan Breaks Facebook Silence to Predict Barack Obama Landslide
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2012 1:44 AM EST
Music legend Bob Dylan posted his very first Facebook status to predict President Obama's victory ahead of the 2012 US election.
The 71-year-old singer/songwriter, who has had the account since October 2007, finally embraced social media to congratulate Obama on the eve of the election which gave the president a second term in the White House.
Durign a concert in Wisconsin earlier this week the veteran star, who has over 4 million "likes" on his page, predicted it would be a landslide win for Obama and the race would not be as close as forecasters were suggesting.
The gig was held in the city of Madison hours after Obama held a campaign rally there.
Dylan told his fans: "Here's pretty close to what I said last night in Madison. I said from the stage that we had to play better than good tonight, that the president was here today and he's a hard act to follow. Also, that we're not fooled by the media and we think it's going to be a landslide. That's pretty much all of it."
Obama, America's first black president, crossed the finish line with 270 electoral votes, 64 more than Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
A triumphant Obama later shared a tender picture of himself holding wife Michelle on his campaign twitter page. He captioned the image: "Four more years."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide