Bob Dylan Breaks Facebook Silence to Predict Barack Obama Landslide
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2012 1:44 AM EST
Music legend Bob Dylan posted his very first Facebook status to predict President Obama's victory ahead of the 2012 US election.
The 71-year-old singer/songwriter, who has had the account since October 2007, finally embraced social media to congratulate Obama on the eve of the election which gave the president a second term in the White House.
Durign a concert in Wisconsin earlier this week the veteran star, who has over 4 million "likes" on his page, predicted it would be a landslide win for Obama and the race would not be as close as forecasters were suggesting.
The gig was held in the city of Madison hours after Obama held a campaign rally there.
Dylan told his fans: "Here's pretty close to what I said last night in Madison. I said from the stage that we had to play better than good tonight, that the president was here today and he's a hard act to follow. Also, that we're not fooled by the media and we think it's going to be a landslide. That's pretty much all of it."
Obama, America's first black president, crossed the finish line with 270 electoral votes, 64 more than Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
A triumphant Obama later shared a tender picture of himself holding wife Michelle on his campaign twitter page. He captioned the image: "Four more years."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date