Alien Life Sighted Over India? Strange Craft Seen Hovering Over Jammu and Kashmir
By Hannah Osborne | November 7, 2012 11:56 PM EST
Soldiers from the Indian Army and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) say they have seen unidentified luminous objects (ULOs) hovering above the region of Jammu and Kashmir, according to India Today.
One ITBP unit spotted the ULOs over 100 times between 1 August and 15 October. The strange objects were reportedly spotted during both day and night.
Jayant Narklikar, a Pune-based astrophysicist, said that the objects are not necessarily from outer space, and the idea that they are aliens is certainly not fact. However he did not rule out the possibility.
The ULOs are described as yellowish spheres, which lift off from the horizon and stay in the sky for between three and five hours before they disappear again.
These sightings were recorded in a report sent to the Prime Minister's Office and the ITBP's headquarters in Delhi.
Army officials who have studied pictures of the objects say they are not aerial vehicles, drones or low-orbiting satellites.
The Army moved a radar unit and spectrum analyser to pick up frequencies moving above the Pangong Lake that lies between China and India. However the radar could not detect the object, suggesting it is not metallic. The spectrum did not detect any signals being sent out either.
In September, astronomers from the Indian Astronomical Observatory studied the ULOs for three days, but could not establish what they were. They did, however, rule out the suggestion that they were meteors and planets.
A senior Army official in Delhi is quoted as saying: "Something is clearly wrong, if our combined scientific resources can't explain the phenomena."
P V Naik, a former Indian Air Force chief, added: "We can't ignore these sightings. We need to probe what new technology might have been deployed there."
Two years ago, the Air Force dismissed UFO and ULO sightings, saying they were probably Chinese lanterns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools