Alien Life Sighted Over India? Strange Craft Seen Hovering Over Jammu and Kashmir
By Hannah Osborne | November 7, 2012 11:56 PM EST
Soldiers from the Indian Army and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) say they have seen unidentified luminous objects (ULOs) hovering above the region of Jammu and Kashmir, according to India Today.
One ITBP unit spotted the ULOs over 100 times between 1 August and 15 October. The strange objects were reportedly spotted during both day and night.
Jayant Narklikar, a Pune-based astrophysicist, said that the objects are not necessarily from outer space, and the idea that they are aliens is certainly not fact. However he did not rule out the possibility.
The ULOs are described as yellowish spheres, which lift off from the horizon and stay in the sky for between three and five hours before they disappear again.
These sightings were recorded in a report sent to the Prime Minister's Office and the ITBP's headquarters in Delhi.
Army officials who have studied pictures of the objects say they are not aerial vehicles, drones or low-orbiting satellites.
The Army moved a radar unit and spectrum analyser to pick up frequencies moving above the Pangong Lake that lies between China and India. However the radar could not detect the object, suggesting it is not metallic. The spectrum did not detect any signals being sent out either.
In September, astronomers from the Indian Astronomical Observatory studied the ULOs for three days, but could not establish what they were. They did, however, rule out the suggestion that they were meteors and planets.
A senior Army official in Delhi is quoted as saying: "Something is clearly wrong, if our combined scientific resources can't explain the phenomena."
P V Naik, a former Indian Air Force chief, added: "We can't ignore these sightings. We need to probe what new technology might have been deployed there."
Two years ago, the Air Force dismissed UFO and ULO sightings, saying they were probably Chinese lanterns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists