Triaud to Begin Arsenal Talks Concerning January Move
By Nick Howson | November 7, 2012 10:50 PM EST
Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud is seeking talks with Arsenal over a potential loan move for striker Marouane Chamakh.
The Moroccan forward has been out of favour this season for The Gunners, with the likes of Olivier Giroud, Lukas Podolski and Gervinho all having been preferred ahead of him this season.
Chamakh's only appearances this term have come in the League Cup, scoring twice in the victory over Reading last week, but Bordeaux president Triaud says a deal could be struck to see the 28 year old leave Arsenal on loan and return to Ligue 1 in January.
"A transfer is not worth discussing," he said.
"His salary is very high. We have to talk to the people at Arsenal to see what the terms and conditions for a loan would be. He's a talented boy but the situation is very complicated."
The former Bordeaux player started just one Premier League game for Arsenal last season, but after the departure of captain Robin van Persie to Manchester United, the France international would have had good reason to believe his opportunities would increase.
However, the Dutchman's departure has had the opposite effect, with Chamakh used even more sparingly by Arsene Wenger, leaving him frustrated at his current predicament.
"After Robin van Persie left, I thought I'd play more," he told French radio station RMC.
"The competition is always a little hard in a club like that. I expected it. It's (up) to me to prove myself. But, in two, three months, if nothing changes, I must make a decision.
"With the departure of Robin, I'd say that I had a playing card. And if my playing time doesn't change, I'm not a fool - I'll leave. Bordeaux? It could be a solution, if I decide to go. But my priority is to stay in the Premier League."
The addition of Giroud and Podolski in the summer worked to cover for the loss of Van Persie, the release on loan of Nicklas Bendtner and Park Chu-Young in the summer, with both having netted four goals for the north Londoners this term.
Giroud's latest strike came in the 2-2 draw with Schalke 04, in which he headed in following Podoslki's left-wing cross.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display