Triaud to Begin Arsenal Talks Concerning January Move
By Nick Howson | November 7, 2012 10:50 PM EST
Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud is seeking talks with Arsenal over a potential loan move for striker Marouane Chamakh.
The Moroccan forward has been out of favour this season for The Gunners, with the likes of Olivier Giroud, Lukas Podolski and Gervinho all having been preferred ahead of him this season.
Chamakh's only appearances this term have come in the League Cup, scoring twice in the victory over Reading last week, but Bordeaux president Triaud says a deal could be struck to see the 28 year old leave Arsenal on loan and return to Ligue 1 in January.
"A transfer is not worth discussing," he said.
"His salary is very high. We have to talk to the people at Arsenal to see what the terms and conditions for a loan would be. He's a talented boy but the situation is very complicated."
The former Bordeaux player started just one Premier League game for Arsenal last season, but after the departure of captain Robin van Persie to Manchester United, the France international would have had good reason to believe his opportunities would increase.
However, the Dutchman's departure has had the opposite effect, with Chamakh used even more sparingly by Arsene Wenger, leaving him frustrated at his current predicament.
"After Robin van Persie left, I thought I'd play more," he told French radio station RMC.
"The competition is always a little hard in a club like that. I expected it. It's (up) to me to prove myself. But, in two, three months, if nothing changes, I must make a decision.
"With the departure of Robin, I'd say that I had a playing card. And if my playing time doesn't change, I'm not a fool - I'll leave. Bordeaux? It could be a solution, if I decide to go. But my priority is to stay in the Premier League."
The addition of Giroud and Podolski in the summer worked to cover for the loss of Van Persie, the release on loan of Nicklas Bendtner and Park Chu-Young in the summer, with both having netted four goals for the north Londoners this term.
Giroud's latest strike came in the 2-2 draw with Schalke 04, in which he headed in following Podoslki's left-wing cross.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People