EU Morning Report - Obama's reelection weakens dollar
By NikolasX | November 7, 2012 8:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is strengthening against most of its major counterparts, following the US Presidential Election results. President Barack Obama secured a second 4-year term, which translates to at least two more years of Ben Bernanke as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. Market participants should monitor and anticipate the outcome of the Greek parliamentary vote on the latest austerity measures due tonight. The government is expected to pass the reforms but any surprise or uncertainty throughout the day could move the market considerably.
§ Gold (XAU) is advancing versus a weakening US dollar (USD). The precious metal is currently above 1725 US dollars an ounce, having started the day yesterday at 1685.67.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) is strengthening across the board. The Aussie is now trading around 1.0460 having recorded a 6-week high at 1.0480 late in the Asian session
§ The US dollar (USD) against the Canadian dollar (CAD) produced a near monthly low at 0.9874.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2810||LONG @ 1.2810||53% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||79.90||LONG @ 79.90||52% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5965||LONG @ 1.5965||47% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0405||LONG @ 1.0405||30% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1705||LONG @ 1705||61% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||87.30||LONG @ 87.30||63% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||10:00||Retail Sales m/m in September||-0.1%|
|.||EUR||11:00||German Industrial Orders m/m in September||-0.5%|
|.||OIL||15:30||Crude Oil Inventories||1.8mil|
Silver (XAG) produced a stellar surge versus the US dollar (USD) as the markets participants started digesting the results of the US election. The precious metal rose from 31.1865 to 32.3000, a staggering 3.5% daily rise. There is momentum and this trend is likely to continue throughout the day, but investors should be cautious of retracements.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone