The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 sports a hugely useful multi-window multitasking feature, thanks to the efforts of the Android developer community. The multi-window screen that appears on one side of the main screen can now be made transparent, courtesy XDA senior member kest874. The mod is reported as working with any ROM, including stock ones.
Note 2 owners looking to install this update may follow this tutorial but before proceeding, ensure ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed on your device. IBTimes UK warns users to proceed at their own risk and remind you we will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation.
To Install Transparent Multi-Window Mod on Galaxy Note 2:
- Download mod file
- Copy downloaded file to internal storage of Galaxy Note 2
- Boot into CWM Recovery - to do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until the screen turns on. The device should boot into CWM Recovery in a few seconds. Use Volume buttons to scroll up/down and Home to choose options
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM. To do so, choose Backup and Restore and select Backup again
- Choose Install Zip from SDcard and then Choose Zip from SDcard. Scroll to and select MultiWindowTheme.zip file. Tap Yes to confirm installation
- After installation, choose Go Back and select Reboot System Now to reboot device
- Once device boots up, multi-window menu will turn transparent on Galaxy Note 2
Note: If your device fails to boot up even after installing mod then boot into Recovery as explained in Step 3. Choose Backup and Restore and Restore older ROM. To revert to the original multi-window view feature, download this file and install from CWM Recovery.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]
To contact the editor, e-mail: